SOLD 1959 FJ25 Completely Restored (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd guess it's hard to justify paying to import it just to try to auction it. What do you do if it doesn't meet reserve? Ship it back to Costa Rica?

I'd consider auctioning on Bring-a-Trailer. BaT has plenty of sellers overseas. And even normal FJ40s do well there.

Interesting. Years back (before they ran their own auctions), BaT had a "BaT Exclusives" deal. You submitted your car for sale and the asking price, and promised not to advertise it anywhere else during the ad period. You only paid if it sold, as I recall.

I tried to sell my '71 240Z there. Extremely nice example, well-known in both the PNW Datsun community, and also on the major Z forums. I set a price that was, I admit, at the upper end of values back then. They turned it down with a similar explanation, saying they felt my price was too high for the then-current market.

I then advertised it on the forums, sold it to a man in Oslo, Norway. He paid my price plus a bunch more to ship it.

The moral - BaT doesn't always have the market values pegged correctly.

Hi Jimmie,

Cool 25.

When was the spare tyre changed from the side to the back? I've seen some 1960 25's with the tyre on the side.

The same with the drop down tailgate instead of swing out.

Best of luck selling that sweet ride!

J

Hi Jimmie,

Cool 25.

When was the spare tyre changed from the side to the back? I've seen some 1960 25's with the tyre on the side.

The same with the drop down tailgate instead of swing out.

Best of luck selling that sweet ride!

J

In the US we got a different soft top model that Had different side door openings. Those had a spare tire on the side. The FJ25s imported here with a hard top that had doors like these had the spare on the back.

I am curious on the VIN plaques I've seen on early cruisers from Costa Rica they were in Spanish not English. Also 1959 was the production year it was made in not a model. Would have been FJ25L with or without a letter after that. Some US hard top model had V after the L but not all. Believe soft tops were A, B or C depending on the style of soft top. We only got one style and not sure any letter was stamped into the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom