'19 Sunroof Squeaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys! I have a 2019 LC that I have a sunroof squeak that the dealer can not seem to remedy (its driving me nuts) going down the highway. It squeaks when the sunroof is open or closed... only time it does not is when it is tilted up. The dealer is stating to me that they do not want to pull my headliner but concur that it is making noise.

Has anyone else had any issues with their sunroof or have a diagram of the sunroof assembly? I may try and figure it out on my own.

Thanks,
G

TAKE THAT s*** BACK!!!!!! $85K!!!!! FIX MY s***

They don't WANT to fix it? Well that's too damned bad.

They need to make it right.

Yea the dealers response is absolute BS, take it back and make them fix it even if that means they have to put a brand new one in. And I'd demand a free rental or loaner as well.

Two magnetic grey LC200’s riding on 305’s with dealer issues...sunroof on one, oil leak on the other. Hope Mr T takes care of this for you as I continue to work with them on mine.

No kidding. I only came to this thread because I was looking at a choice of a 200 and a Tundra. I had to go with the Tundra to carry a snowplow. And I saved $25K :bounce2:

But I am alarmed at the number of repairs and defects I read about. I hope it’s not contagious !

I had a squeak in the sunroof/upper console area of my 2014 200 series. I FINALLY figured out that the prinsu roof rack and wind deflector had changed the harmonics from the air pressure above the sunroof enough to cause the sunroof to move and down a couple times a second at highway speed, causing the constant squeak. I fixed it by adding some high density foam insulation above the upper console that housed the lights and sunroof controls, and slightly changing the height of the wind deflector. Your photo doesn't show an aftermarket roof rack, so probably not the cause of your issue, but I thought I would post up anyway.

I noticed my 2013 started squeaking on the highway while on our trip back from Texas last year. If I pushed upwards with my finger on the sunroof it would stop. I haven't tried to look into it again as we don't do a lot of highway driving over the winter, but I'm thinking maybe the rubber seal has compressed a bit and the sunroof isn't sitting tight. In your case perhaps the trim is missing or loose?

Two magnetic grey LC200’s riding on 305’s with dealer issues...sunroof on one, oil leak on the other. Hope Mr T takes care of this for you as I continue to work with them on mine.

Hopefully your leak gets worked out as well!! I spoke with the Service Manager at my dealership and he agreed that the headliner should be pulled and investigated further... He did profusely apologize and stated that it was not handled correctly the first time around. I am willing to give them a second shot at it since he did seem sincere about it and wanted to make it right.

Best I can say is stay on them and escalate it until you get a solution that you are ok with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom