18" Wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there running 18" wheels on their 80's. If so, are they steel or aluminum? I've been researching 18" steelies and they are non-existent and I don't like the look of most of the aluminum wheels out there. Any suggestions?

As a reference, JackZilla and I have been through this thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/133798-put-pictures-wheels-you-have-yours-80-series.html and have been researching this for a week or two already.

The restriction to an 18" rim stems from the fact that JackZilla has a badass set of 37x12.5x18's on hand that he wants to put on his rig, so I can inherit the 315's that are on it now. Now you understand my vested interest :hillbilly:

The 37's are currently on H2 rims, so they aren't an option (without modification or adapters).

Everything we've both found so far are aluminum. Anyone know of any steelies?

We have also dug through this post, https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-...almost-noone-runs-aftermarket-wheels-80s.html, but the only answers seem to be that OEM are forged and it's more expensive to get tires to fit on aftermarket wheels. But as yohavos stated, I already have the meat, I just need some bone to put 'em on. Buying wheels will be much less expensive compared to buying new 37"s to fit my current 16" steelies, which seems to be nearly as impossible.

There are some 18" TRD/BBS wheels than can be had for a reasonable price if you search a little. Not sure if the hub will need to be bored out or not but most machine shops can do it.

Toyota Tundra Wheels 18" BBS

3ob3pa3l35Z55X05R0b3nf9429c8a17291da1.jpg

yeah, they bore seems to be the big issue. Apparently ours are 110 mm and most places only go up to 108 mm. Found some that I kind of like, but they are a little more pricey than I had originally wanted.

Are there any newer vehicles that come with a wheel like this as a spare? Maybe a salvage yard would have some cheap?

Are there any newer vehicles that come with a wheel like this as a spare? Maybe a salvage yard would have some cheap?

Haven't found anything w/this pattern that came with 18" spares. 18" wheels seem to be bling only.

I'm probably just gonna pull the trigger on the pro comps. Not exactly what I wanted by I got my mind wrapped around my LX450 with 37's and to not have them at this point just isn't an option.

:clap:

!8" wheels--WHY?

Some have given me hell for 18's on my CE 80, but get lots of compliments as well?

Mine are the American Racing Mojave Teflons never show any dust never chipped em, still look brand new after being on my V8J62 and now my 80 and 7 years old! Very classic styling (what a Cruiser needs). My 80 is now lifted and i'm putting 295/75/18's on it. Hubs fit no problem

I have always wanted to bolt em on my 55 just to see... The new 40th Annv. will be getting the Sequoia wheels though I think
GetAttachment[1].jpg
220.jpg
015.jpg

Those are slick looking. I like them but they are kind of pricey. Not sure what you paid for them 7 years ago, but they go for about 240 a piece now.

I think they were even more then...? I think after mount ect it was like $1100+ I was a little worried if they would hold up, but they still look brand new good bang for buck really? lotsa aftermarket wheels go to $h!t quick

IMO don't get polished alum road/offroad crap get in the pores of the alum and never look good again(way too much maint.) I've had lotsa chrome ones flake and pit as well, even a set of 23" Foose wheels!

I think they were even more then...? I think after mount ect it was like $1100+ I was a little worried if they would hold up, but they still look brand new good bang for buck really? lotsa aftermarket wheels go to $h!t quick

IMO don't get polished alum road/offroad **** get in the pores of the alum and never look good again(way too much maint.) I've had lotsa chrome ones flake and pit as well, even a set of 23" Foose wheels!

Polished aluminum and chrome are both out of the equation. Never have been in to shiny things all that much.:hillbilly:

So, I went with the Pro Comp 7089's. $781 shipped, a little more than I wanted to spend, but then again, I didn't want to spend anything. I should have them by Friday at the latest. She's gonna look good with the 37's.:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom