17" wheel back spacing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to put a 17' wheel on my 1990 FJ62, but having a hard time finding any information on what the best backspacing is. The rim I like is 4.75" back spacing. Does anyone have any experience or insight if this will work or any unforeseen issues? I want to put a 255/80R17 on this wheel. Thanks!

I'm using the SCS F5 in a 17x9 which I think has a 3.5 bs, and I'm running a 295/70/17 with no issues. I do have a the OME HD lift to help with clearance though.

One wheel with a certain backspace might fit but a different wheel with the exact same backspace may not. The only way to be sure is to buy ONE wheel and test fit it before buying the remaining three.

One wheel with a certain backspace might fit but a different wheel with the exact same backspace may not. The only way to be sure is to buy ONE wheel and test fit it before buying the remaining three.
Your exactly right. Luckily I have a tire guy who suggested this is what I do and already has it coming. It's a nice looking wheel that looks close to the original Steelies, so I'm hopeful it will fit. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom