‘17 Tundra rear shocks on 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if the rear shocks from a 17 tundra will work on the back of a 100 series? I found some low mileage TRD Bilsteins close by at a really good price and my rear shocks have almost 320k on them. I tried to google it but all that came up was discussions about putting tundra front suspension on a 200 series.

The length and travel range of those shocks will work fine but the eye bushings in the lower mount will not work. IIRC, the 100 lower mount requires 19mm ID bushings, whereas the Tundra’s lower mount bushings are 12mm or 14mm ID.

The length and travel range of those shocks will work fine but the eye bushings in the lower mount will not work. IIRC, the 100 lower mount requires 19mm ID bushings, whereas the Tundra’s lower mount bushings are 12mm or 14mm ID.
Any idea if they can be pressed out and changed to a different size? I have some extra bushings and sleeves from past 4wd projects.

Well I messaged the seller to see if they would sell just the rear shocks because they are listed as a set, front/rear. It looks like a lot of metal material where the lower bolt goes through so I'll try to drill it out to the 100 series bolt size first, then if that doesn't work I'll just get some replacement lower bushings.

Any idea if they can be pressed out and changed to a different size? I have some extra bushings and sleeves from past 4wd projects.
Unless the tundra shocks are free, it’s a waste of time. As @GTV noted OEM 100 series shocks are dirt cheap from Toyota.

Unless the tundra shocks are free, it’s a waste of time. As @GTV noted OEM 100 series shocks are dirt cheap from Toyota.
Hoping I can get the pair for $50 or less. I have time, tools and spare pieces in the garage, I just don't have a lot of extra cash right now for new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom