17 or 18" wheels on a 92? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOOO, whos got some larger wheels on their 80? My 80 series is going to be used mostly for on road, I got a 60 on 40's for beating on. I like some of the Bling wheels out there but I am looking for a 10" or so wide, 17 or 18" wheel that i wont need wheel spacers for. I run spacers on the 60 but i dont like the idea of running them on the 80 under the cummins. I like the look of the 909's and price of the DIAMO's but they dont have the right BS.

So any pics or experience?
Pics of 20's welcome too, i wont give ya a hard time.
motometal909blkfull.jpg

DI17K_Blkfull.jpg

What range of backspacing is acceptable to you?

ugh. no offense, but why a land cruiser if bling is your object? pic up a silly range rover or something. i cringe every time i see a blingy 80 on craigslist.

ugh. no offense, but why a land cruiser if bling is your object? pic up a silly range rover or something. i cringe every time i see a blingy 80 on craigslist.

sorry could we just get helpful reply's maybe?

on a 16" wheel with a 33" tire there is about 8" of tire on either side of the wheel.
ona 36" tire with a 18" wheel there is around 9" of tire. giving u enough rubber for the tire to flex but not so much that the sidewall doesnt have too much flex on the highway. That is why I am looking for a decent looking wheel, doesnt have to be all chromed up, in a 17 or 18" format. My cruiser is a 92 fj80 as shown in my signature so i believe 4" BS or less would be good.
By the way 20" wheels look sweet, especially with a 46 or 49" tire around them.

Can you post pics of your hardcore off road 80 in moonglow pearl then, please?

Last edited:
I Like this one...:clap:

Thanks, i was debating on the mud grapplers but i cant get em in a 36", and i think a 37" tire might eventually be too hard on bearings under the weight of the cummins.

I would look at the tacoma wheels and the older 6 lug tundra wheels for 17 to 18 inch wheels, nice 60 with custom work, I'm an old diesel fan but mine's gasoline

those first ones are :skull::smokin::grinpimp:!!

I would look at the tacoma wheels and the older 6 lug tundra wheels for 17 to 18 inch wheels, nice 60 with custom work, I'm an old diesel fan but mine's gasoline

thanks! still needs a bit more custom work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom