16x8 rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After looking thru thesearch function here I cannot find any input on these rim sizes. I may have a line on a set of 16x8 rims but in looking at the tire sites these are at the limits of a 255/85/16 tire. What do you guys think? Also with a wider tire does my backspacing become affected i.e. do Ineed a different backspacing now other than the 3.5".

Thanks for the help,I have been looking way too long for tires and I am really trying to weigh the benefits of going to a 16 inch rim

255/85R16 would fit better on 16x7 or 16x6, if 16x8 rims are all you have then I'd go for a wider tire if you ever plan on deflating. I think the late 80 series 16x8 rims are 0 offset = 4" backspacing :doh:

I am also looking for new steel rims. I would want 7x16 with approx. -15 offset. I will use them for Michelin XZL 255/100R16.

Anyone know of a source for such wheels?

Not sure what vehicle your running but 16x8 are standard Prado LC95 Series. I run 265/75/R16 on them with no problems.

Regards
D.T.

Vegard said:
I am also looking for new steel rims. I would want 7x16 with approx. -15 offset. I will use them for Michelin XZL 255/100R16.

Anyone know of a source for such wheels?

lots of places for 16 x7 .

can you buy xzl's???? send me four eh?

but I want the slightly smaller ones. the 8.25 x16 not the 9.00 x 16(255 100)

XZL are not availible in canada. the f_n war is sucking them up so I am told.
so if you want to load a containers worth.........we can do business.

crushers said:
i would chat with Greg about this one...

Greg installed the 255/85/R16's TOYO M-55 with custom unique 3.5inch backspace wheels on the HJ61... they are an awesome tire, stays nicely on the road and good traction on the trails.

I have a slight pull to the right, but am in the process of elimation. The Tires can be a wee bit noisey on the HWy, but nothing to overbearing... more like a humming sound.

Here is the link regarding a previous discussion on some of the questions you have...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=48442

Petra

The 80 series steel wheels are 16 x 8 with 0 degrees off-set and 4.5 inches back-spacing.

D-

brownbear said:
lots of places for 16 x7 .

can you buy xzl's???? send me four eh?

but I want the slightly smaller ones. the 8.25 x16 not the 9.00 x 16(255 100)

XZL are not availible in canada. the f_n war is sucking them up so I am told.
so if you want to load a containers worth.........we can do business.

Yes, I can get 16 x7 rims, but not with the offset I am looking for unfortunately. Unless you guys know of a place to find them. Guess I will try the original 16 x 6 ET0 rims to begin with.

It is close to impossible to get the XZL's here also. I have been lucky to get in touch with the right people. A friend and I ordered 5 each, and we were told that they would only produce 100!!! Don't know if they meant 100 for the Norwegian market, the EU-market or whatever.

HZJ 78 on 9.00-R16:
desert1_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom