16inch six bolt rims for BJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just wanted to know where to find 6 bolt 16"rims for my BJ70, i have tried chevy rims, they hit the calipers and dont have big enough hub holes. i have looked into the toyota 4 runner and 4x4 pick up steel rims and i am told by club members that they hit the steering nuckle. please offer any ideas or correct me if im wrong. what i am looking for is a steel set of 16" rims for my BJ70,preferrably around 7 inches wide.

jon

thanks for the info!! im pretty happy there exists such a beast.

are they steel rims?

jon

factory yota will fit. I paid 80 each cnd,

here I stole a pic of them from Crushers post, thanks Wayne!
They are on my 60. but I didn't have a pic of them.

they look great.

42601-60262-03
this is a 16" rim.

nice factory look, and heavy steel to boot. install 235/85/r16 size tires and your golden.
a small side shot finished.jpg

I have 16" white spokes.

Last edited:
I think these numbers have to go into the FAQ. It just comes up again and again :D

You have to go aftermarket chevy to make them work. The inner is larger to cross over to more applications is the way I undestand it.

You can walk in off the street to any tire shop that carries Unique wheels and get get the Unique 7760 series (steel wagon wheel) in a 16x7 with 4" BS and this will clear the calipers and TRE's. It does bring your stance in 1" from stock. I ran these with 255/85R16 for a number of years and no issues. If you want to go out slighty you can order them custom BS'd to 3.5" (stock numbers) for a charge. Or, if bolt on spacers do not turn you off you can order some 1". 1.25" or 1.5" spacers and bring it our your desired amount, and run the 4" BS'd wheels. These are the numbers Mullen figured years ago, and they still work:

21-7760 is white
42-7760 is black
27-7760 is chrome

You could order the 16x8 Unique 7860 series, (4.5" BS) run 1.5" spacers bringing you out to the real world of 3" according to your wheel bearings. I have not tried this combo, but I wish someone would soon so we can see if 315/75R16's will clear springs on turn.

If you are going to go 4.5" BS with spacers, you could run some other Toyota 16" wheels (take-offs) but I have not walked the road of research here, so can offer other then it can be done with some.

You can order the factory steel 16x6 wheels as shown in the BJ40 and PZJ75 pictures. They are 3.75" BS, which work fine. You lose .5" width over the stock BS'd 3.5" wheels. -03 denotes the grey color.

The factory steel wheels are considerably heavier then the Uniques, however I have not had any issues with the Uniques yet.

hth's

gb

Canuck, it is going good, I have put 8000kms on it already. I am going to replace the injectors next week, and maybe a turbo this winter.

Ryan

the factory toyota ones still bolt directly on , no chevy stuff right? if i get the aforementioned rim for 80 dollars cdn, i can slap some tires on and go.. why do i have to go to aftermarket chev? is that only if i want aluminum rims? im going to buy a set of 42601-60262-03's and put them on in toyotas' parking lot. id rather not put anything chevy on my truck. thanks for the help guys

jon

mk1pickle said:
the factory toyota ones still bolt directly on , no chevy stuff right? if i get the aforementioned rim for 80 dollars cdn, i can slap some tires on and go.. why do i have to go to aftermarket chev? is that only if i want aluminum rims? im going to buy a set of 42601-60262-03's and put them on in toyotas' parking lot. id rather not put anything chevy on my truck. thanks for the help guys

jon

they will fit directly on.

why chev? for the width. but then you need to put spacers and enlarge the hole for the hub I understand.

the yota ones are skinny. I like them thou.

best tire on them is 235/85R16 which IMOP would be the best tire on a BJ70. also maybe biased on a BJ60. I like the size. It isn't crazy big, but looks like it should have been there from the start.

80 was a sale price. maybe they are still doing it. 100 is the normal price. which still isn't bad.

the factory rims look good too. I do not like the look of black rock crawlers, too jeep.
I also am not a fan of white wagons wheels. But hey just my op.

thanks! my pals keep telling me that 16's are silly but i think they are the best.. youll never see my truck on TSL boggers.. its tall and skinny for me all the way, besides i dont intend on driving in bogs. also my truck can get into places that warrant the use of tall and skinny tires such as in between trees to get around the huge mudholes full of american v8 parts.also , going back to my military days.. tall and skinny worked great on the ILTIS...The thing i love about my Bj70 is that it invokes such emotion!! the jeep guys HATE me and make outrageous claims.. the african canadians in the toronto area pump mock pistols into the air shouting "pop" "pop" Yes Mon! they love the thing! one particular ford dually guy spinning his tires up a long steep hill loves the truck too... i towed him and his equipment float up a very steep hill in 4low without a problem..

jon

Tacom rims I think?
BW front drivers side.JPG

mk1pickle said:
thanks! my pals keep telling me that 16's are silly but i think they are the best.. youll never see my truck on TSL boggers.. its tall and skinny for me all the way, besides i dont intend on driving in bogs. also my truck can get into places that warrant the use of tall and skinny tires such as in between trees to get around the huge mudholes full of american v8 parts.also , going back to my military days.. tall and skinny worked great on the ILTIS...The thing i love about my Bj70 is that it invokes such emotion!! the jeep guys HATE me and make outrageous claims.. the african canadians in the toronto area pump mock pistols into the air shouting "pop" "pop" Yes Mon! they love the thing! one particular ford dually guy spinning his tires up a long steep hill loves the truck too... i towed him and his equipment float up a very steep hill in 4low without a problem..

jon

Tall and skinny ... what about 8.25R16 like on the canadian mil-g-wagon:

click 4 big

I don't think you have to change the axle-ratios (not for the beginning :D ), but maybe you have to upgrade your suspension.

:cheers:

I love that truck, nice rig

I wish it said toyota on the grill though

Tonito said:
Tall and skinny ... what about 8.25R16 like on the canadian mil-g-wagon:

click 4 big

I don't think you have to change the axle-ratios (not for the beginning :D ), but maybe you have to upgrade your suspension.

:cheers:

Wow, do those ever make it to the market? I wish it was Yota as well, but have heard G-wagons are the best mercedes?

Saw an 83 G-wagon (in the US) that was leagally imported from Germany. It wasnt alot of $ either. I was suprised!

Me.. 16" splits. Need a new set of jeep services though ;)

Wish I could find a decent 8.25x16 tire...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom