16" wheel options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am leaning towards 235/85/r16 tires. I like the narrower look compared to 33 10.5's.

Are there any reasonably priced options for 16" rims? The city racers are nice but really pricy.

Thanks

All sizes and bolt pattern and really good quality, about $110 each for 16”

Summit racing price matched the link above. The link above was back ordered and summit racing got them to me the next day

Awesome, thanks...With 12-670604, everything fits without spacers and mounting 235/85/r16s?

Wheel Size:16x7
Bolt Pattern (inches) [?]:6x5.5
Bolt Pattern (metric) [?]:6x139.7
Backspace:4 inches

I appreciate the help!

From what I’ve read nobody has had any problem with fit. 4” BS works great in most cases. Obviously disc conversions, hi steer, other mods can affect that. Measure your current set up and go from there. Good luck!

Oem 70 16x6 series wheels with 255/85-16. The wheels are about $130 each from your Toyota dealer.

2013301B-5981-440D-80D5-111D7E57B376.jpeg

I'm with you on the 235/85x16 size; it's perfect for the FJ40. I went with the City Racer wheels because I wanted a stock look and hubcaps. I have four-wheel discs and they fit with no issues.

FJ40 rear small.png

FJ40 Sierrita Mountain Road.jpg

the spare tire off of early 4 runners is a 16" steely that looks almost identical to oem 15"

might take a bit to get four and a bit of driving around to wreckers

I have been looking for the same thing... This would need the center cut out larger, but for 70 bucks, AND the look we like.. About 30 years ago I drove my '70 fj55 across the country to Boston so my then wife could see her family. 235/75/15s 411 gears. For the drive home I went to a wrecking yard bought 4 16" chev truck wheels, mounted some used 7.50 16 hwy rib tread tires kinda gross, they were free from wife's cousin. I jacked up a rear wheel, set a big round of firewood alongside, mounted a chev wheel and engaged a carbide cutter in a flattened piece of pipe about 3' long. This was my lathe. I mounted each of the 4 junkyard wheels on my lathe and neatly and effortlessly cut the centers out bigger. Now that we are grownups, a machine shop could do this... I'll use my stump, thanks. Here are some wheels... OK, big letdown... can't see thje link on my desktop. Maybe some will help an old dude out. They are called Dexstar conventional wheels 16", 6 on 6.5. They are from a trailer suppliuer, but the six lug axle are rated at hauling way more than an FJ.....

Not sure it will work, but???

am20758_2_100.jpg

..I agonized for the better part of a year as to which wheels I would purchase. The price made me cringe but I went with City Racer because I too wanted stock look with hubcaps. Like @Jonathan Hanson I have 4 wheels discs. I have not regretted the decision for one second. The gray color is perfect and the powder coating is super thick.
9E030330-35C1-4253-BF7A-9A4B033793E4.jpeg

I'm a little embarressed to say - Velcro. I cut out the inner flange on the hubcaps and they fit nicely around the profile of the steelie wheels. So far so good, a couple hundred miles and I haven't lost one and they haven't shifted. Admittedly, I haven't done any wheeling. I went with the self stick outdoor 3M Velcro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom