16" Vintage Steel Rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie 1962 FJ25

Autocrat
Threads
Finally I got around to take some pics.

These are early 16" Single Piece Rims were offered on NON USA Landcruisers. Here in NZ they came untill 1970. They are not easy to come by, It took me over 2 years to find a good complete set with all hubcap clips intact:clap: I tried them and they fit and work just fine.;)
P2173765.JPG
P2173767.JPG
P2173768.JPG

Very Nice!

Do you know the PN#'s? I know there was a thread the in 45 section that had the numbers for such a rim, but I just looked, and could not find it again :frown:

Very Nice!

Do you know the PN#'s? I know there was a thread the in 45 section that had the numbers for such a rim, but I just looked, and could not find it again :frown:
I wrote it in the 45 section :)
again here
Toyota part number /Germany: 42601-60040 ( bought one some month ago)
Cheers
Peter

I know, I tried at my local dealer, but the parts guy I usually deal with was not there...I'll have to try again...in any case, the parts guy on the job simply said he could not order it.

Last edited:
Hey Archie-

How about a picture of one of your knuckles and steering arms with one of those rims mounted...over the years some front end pieces get changed out to allow the fitting of modern rims. I'd love a couple sets of those, even without clips (saves on hubcaps!) but would hate to have them not fit.

Picture is of a 25 arm bent to make way for a 15", deeply backspaced rim...
P7150005.jpg

dean your not going to find them here....but....you may want to email MOT ...ya never know :)

It looks like it was available at least until 2-3 years ago when my EPC was made.

I'll find out tomorrow whether it's still available or not, if I don't forget! :hillbilly:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/235288-question-re-fj45-tires-wheels.html

Here's the link to the tread about the 16" wheels in the FJ45 section. The wheel looks the same as Archie's wheels but I know that the early 15" FJ40 wheel won't fit the full floating axle I have. The rims won't seat against the brake drum. So I doubt the 16" rim available today is the same. I guess it would be nice if Peter (a.greenspan) would be kind enough to measure the back spacing of his new rim before Mot goes to all the trouble of picking these up and we go to all the expense of buying and paying for them just to find out Toyota made a change and the new rims won't fit the 25 axle. I know Toyota only has the disk brake rim available for the FJ40s now which is no problem since they work on the early FJ40 axles. But I found out the hard way that the 15" disk brake wheels won't work on the FJ25 front axle. After hauling 4 disk brake wheels with good tire all the way up to Oregon to flat tow a FJ25 back I ended up having to use two old dry rotted bias tires on the front the whole way back.:eek: I'm not trying to throw a monkey wrench into this I just saying be need to be careful. If Archie says his wheels were available until 1970 in NZ that was about five years before we got disk breakes axle here in the US. If I know Toyota they are going to make a wheel that fit the newer FJ4Xs not be concerned if it will work with our old FJ25s.:bang:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/235288-question-re-fj45-tires-wheels.html

.....I guess it would be nice if Peter (a.greenspan) would be kind enough to measure the back spacing of his new rim..
:lol:
....my profession is to measure stock markets not
stock rims
, :D
the new one is mounted,
the old one is on the bed, hope it`s ok, when I measure this one.
Can do it (hope so) Friday, but only in cm.
I make a pic, so you can read the centimeter ;)
Cheers
Peter

Thanks for the pics, Archie, now all you have to do is poke a hole in each rim! And uh, by the way, don't forget to tighten those arm-to-knuckle bolts from time to time...bad things happen when they loosen and yours are not safety-wired

It looks like it was available at least until 2-3 years ago when my EPC was made.

I'll find out tomorrow whether it's still available or not, if I don't forget! :hillbilly:

Apparently, as of today, that part number, among a few others that I have come across recently in the forum, are still active. :eek: :cool:

I'm just a guy who has too much time on his hands... :crybaby:

Thanks for the kind words, but I do not deserve them as I usually make a few $ with most of my transactions. :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom