16” Tacoma spare vs FJ Cruiser 17” steel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone got some info on the Tacoma 16” spare? Was trying to get a set of FJ steels. But ran into a couple of these 16” spares not far away. Figured with as many Tacoma’s compared to FJs. It would be easier to get five of these together.

I bought a set, but only needed one. Been selling them off as spares one by one. Still have 2 left.

They fit on the 80 and work as a spare, but have more backspacing compared to the stock wheel, so they ride "inboard" quite a bit. I have a 35x10.5 interco mounted on one for a spare. You would definitely want spacers if running these as a main wheel. Unless you're flare-less and like the narrow look and handling characteristics.

This kind:

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, you'll have the same issue if you're talking about the 16" spare from the 3rd gen 4R or 1st gen Tacoma (the kind with round holes that looks just like the FJC steelie, but a in 16"

I bought a set, but only needed one. Been selling them off as spares one by one. Still have 2 left.

They fit on the 80 and work as a spare, but have more backspacing compared to the stock wheel, so they ride "inboard" quite a bit. I have a 35x10.5 interco mounted on one for a spare. You would definitely want spacers if running these as a main wheel. Unless you're flare-less and like the narrow look and handling characteristics.

This kind:

s-l400.jpg
I'm looking for a spare right now and was looking at a set of these steelies for sale. But I too only need one. Got any of these left? If so shoot me a price? Zip is 29707.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom