16" Steelies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just called Toyota here in Oregon and they looked the part numbers
up for me and told me that they are not or nor longer availible and
could not find any in the US. So now my next step is to find a Toyota
dealer in Canada and see if i can order from them. Brownbear is there
a Toyota dealer in Canada you would recommend? I want to order a
set before it gets to late. Thanks for the above response and info

-Jim

Nothing south I know of. My dealer was in Northern BC who ordered it for me. You could try Wayne(crushers) on here. He buys them all the time. He has a local dealer in Calgary he uses.

Other than that, you could just look up a Vancouver dealer. Or try another dealer in the USA. Tell them that the rims come out of California warehouse. Also you might want to try Cdan on here for toyota quotes. He probably can hook you up the best. As he is a toyota parts man

brownbear thanks for the tip on the American eagle series 128's from
above. I found them for $87.50 ea. no caps or lugs and i think these
are what i am going to go with. Now i just need to find the right tire
for these. thanks again

put steel 16 inchers off of a wrecked Tacoma; the owner had put on VERY large wheels and mudder tires and lost it in the rain........the wheels and tires were very much in the way in his garage have put 230 miles on them w/o any rubbing or claerance problems and best; they were free along with 245/75/16 radial light truck tires :) with about 80% tread left!; can probably get them very cheaply at a wrecking yard.........Tacomas are plentiful

Lou

Lou

Can you post a picture of what the wheels look like? There are a few
different styles and want to make sure of the right ones. thanks

Although this is an older thread, I noticed in looking through Summit Racing, that they do a 16 x 6, steel wheel, part number USW-70-7660 with the proper 6/5.5 bolt pattern and 3.75in backspacing. This is the same size and backspacing as the Toyota wheel but it's listed at $46 each. I was looking at running a 235/85R16 and this tire will fit on a 16 x 6 rim.

Anyone tried this size out? (I have 4Runner front brakes and am a little concerned it might be tight)

I ordered the USW-70-7660 (just one to try for size) and it fits just fine. Clears the tie rod end easily. It's pretty close to the 4Runner calipers but does not rub. I imagine stock calipers would have more space.

It's about $48 from Summit and can be ordered straight online without any special ordering procedure. Note that it took about a month and half to arrive as it's not held in stock and it's only six inches wide (which is okay for a 235/85 R 16 according to the tire manufactuers I looked at.)

>>have you ever heard of les schwab?

Les Schwab and Discount Tire/America's Tire (the other places mentioned as sources of steel wheels) do not have branches in the NJ/PA area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom