16" Steelies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just go off the phone with Toyota and they can order steelies for
me for $80 ea. plus shipping. That seems pretty steep to me for
steel wheels. Does anyone know if you can get a 6 lug Chevy wheel
that 16" with a 2.5 or 3.5 backspace? dont remember which one it
is that will work on a 60?

-Jim

I forgot to mention that i want a solid steel wheel thats only 6" or 7" wide

Last edited:
Bruce
thats getting better. Can you get them in a color other than black?
like grey or silver?

thanks

-Jim

I like the Toyota 16 inch steelies. The right back spacing.... etc.

Here is a pic on my 60.Toyota part number in Silver 42601-60262-03

I paid 80 cnd.
rear tire2 small.jpg

BruceW said:
I just ordered Unique 16X7 black steel wheels from America's Tire. 3 inch backspacing, $55.00 each.

They must have cutoms backspaced the wheel for you?

Go to:http://www.uniquewheel.com/

All the 7760 are 16x7 with 4" BS, however can be ordered with 3" BS.

21-7760 = white
27-7760 = black

Forget the others.

The Toyota Silver 42601-60262-03 are 16x6, 3.75" BS, so are 1/4" inboard from the stock 3.5" setting. They work well, and are heavy duty.

hth's

gb

BrownBear

Thats what ENS quoted me for them also. I was just hoping to find them
cheaper. Looks like i wont though. So thats why i was just looking for a
chevy rim here in the US that looks like to rims in my avatar but not
split though. I will keep up the search and now i know a 3.5" to 3.75" back
space will work that helps me also. I know chevy must make a rim close
to this i just need to find it....

Gr8Pmkn said:
Do you happen to have the model or better yet the part number? I am not seeing any with the right backspacing.

Thanks.

Lee

USW-70-7860-SPEC 16 x 8 Custom, 6x5.5 bolt pattern, 2.5" backspacing-reverse.

$61.39ea

They had to turn the center around and reweld it. They sent them bare metal covered with machine oil. I cleaned them off with several cans of brakleen and coated them with professional grade black gloss rustoleum. No frills, functional. Works for me. My turning circle has tightened considerably. I removed the mud flap brackets 'cause they rubbed on a tight turn. Flaps were mostly gone anyway. I went from a "31 all terrain tire to 33" x 12.50" (aka Goodyear Wrangler M + S LT305/70R16) tire.

Upgrade to fj 60 wheels

can anyone shed light on upgrading from stock wheels for my FJ60? I'm a novice and need education on the basics. What backspacing works best and why? what's the largest rim size you would recommend without body modifications etc.

notagp_afj55 said:
BrownBear

Thats what ENS quoted me for them also. I was just hoping to find them
cheaper. Looks like i wont though. So thats why i was just looking for a
chevy rim here in the US that looks like to rims in my avatar but not
split though. I will keep up the search and now i know a 3.5" to 3.75" back
space will work that helps me also. I know chevy must make a rim close
to this i just need to find it....

The part number I mentioned is ok to quote at your normal toyota dealer, I did not use ens.

The cheby rims may work, but most of the trucks they used a 6 x 5.5 had 4 to 4.5 backspacing, but I could be wrong. SO spacer would be needed. And I thought the chevy rims needed the centre hole enlarged to fit over our hub/flange....again could be wrong.

I woulc not go bigger than a 16x8. In width I mean. Otherwise for a 60 series you are picking rubber in the 12 inch range. which get into clearance issues. The 10 inch width seems to work better. But they you want a 16x7 rim. The yota rim is a 16x6 rim, so 9 inch range width works better. Gives better hold on bead, not too flat of profile.

With my 16x6 rims, I run 235/85/R16 tires. Great size for a 60 series IMOP. Some offroad clearance, but still decent onroad, no regearing. Also looks like it was meant for a 60 especially with a 2.5 lift kit.

All my work vehicles run this size of tire, on suburbans, ford vans, crewcabs etc. It looks right for them. My F250 I owned(offroad pkg) came stock with that size.

What tire makers make a 235/85R16? I was thinking of going with 255/85R16 BFGs at some point, but 235/85s sound interesting as well.

Tire source

Tire Rack (tirerack.com) has several selections in this size depending on what type of tire you want.

BrownBear

Yes it do want a 16x6 Toyota rim and i would really like the rims that
you have on your BJ60. I would also like to find them used in that
style and size if at all possible. Are there any junkyards up your way
who might have them. Reason being is i want to powder coat them
white and dont want to do that to brand new rims, but alas i might
not have any other choice. Let me know your thoughts. There used
to be a junkyard called Interior used parts in kelowna B.C. i think do
you know if they are still there or have a number for them to call?
if not no big

thx

-JimK

I doubt you can find them in a wreaker. No NA models came in that size that I know of. They are non-usa. But they are not split rims. I was thinking of doing the split thing...but. I found out, nobody will mount them, or balance, they need tubes, and they are 150 a piece new. There is danger involved in mounting yourself, but doable. But I do not want to deal with tubes and unbalanced tires.

235/85R16 is a very common tire size for trucks. Many commercial grade tires in that size. Load E tires, heavy sidewalls, 10 ply. Not the soft melt on gravel mall tires that many 4x4's have. Ones with flames on the sidewalls :rolleyes:

Oh the 255/85 is basically a 33 inch tire. The 235/85 is almost a 33(32.7) So they are not tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom