16" rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone put 16" rims on there rigs? if so could you please post some pics. i'm on the fence between 15x8 and 16x8 rims. thanks

You can run 16x7 crager soft 8's with 4" backspace with no spacers. They are perfect for 255/85/16.

I run a 16x8 with a 5 inch backspace cragar soft 8 with a 1.25 spacer to put me back to factory specs and I am running a 285/75 Cooper Stt

other pics are too big to post
IMG_0331.jpg

Last edited:
loneranger your setup looks sweet. do you not need the 3.5" BS with a 16" rim?

I don't believe the US came with 16" rims stock on the 60-series cruisers.

Other places got some 16" rims, like the split steelies. I think there is even a 16x7 that Toyota had but not sure if they came stock anywhere.

The door tag on my buddies '88 does not show any rim, but the 15x6JJ. Maybe yours is not a US spec, or the rims where changed before you got them. Pictures would help.

Next time I'll put my glasses on before I post! Yep they are 15". My wheels have some rust spots. Has anyone had success refinishing the factory wheels? And if not, are there after market wheels that don't require spacers, etc? Ones that fit without any other changes?

Can someone please explain to me what back Spacing is and why it's done? I'm thinking of moving to 16" wheels.

It's the distance the center portion of the wheel is moved towards the axle in relation to the vertical center line of the wheel ring during wheel manuf., to allow for problem solving of clearance issues such as tire rub, etc.

I think I am pretty close on this one, but what the hell do I know? Glad to hear your doing well Brother.

17"

The larger diameter wheel eliminates any tie-rod interference issues.....
Opens up a wider range of wheel options.........
DSC00849%20%28Custom%29.jpg
DSC00851%20%28Custom%29.JPG

I'm also curious if there are any pics of folks running the medium OME set-up with 265 75R16s on 16x8 rims.

Last edited:
Glad to see you on here "HR-Olifant (Brother-in-Law)"
So, If I'm running OME HD 2.5" with Stock wheels and I want to move to a 16" wheel, how do i know how much BS I need?

Oh, Buy the way, sorry for jumping on your thread with my follow up question.

stock rims have 3.5" of BS. as long as you have that much you should be good to go. when the number gets higher, the rim gets closer to your calipers and TRE's. i think the most you can go is 3.75" before the rim hits the TRE's. add one inch to the edge of the rim and see if it clears the TRE"s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom