16 inch 16" steel wheel options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hward1

87 fj60 / 95 fjz80
Threads
looking to get some 16" steel wheels like these - i guess they dont make these oem anymore - does anyone know where to get this type -- i seen maybe for the tacoma any other ideas becaue the tacoma are different i think

I'm assuming you will need spacers on either the 16 or 17" OEM Steelies (1.5").

Would one be better than the other? Trying to decide 16 vs 17.

Ted

yeah me too -- will that 17" work or is it better to have a extra inch in tire and stick with the 16"

similar wheel comes off FJ Cruisers in 17inch.

Last edited:
Haven't dealt with this company, but they have OEM Steelies in several sizes.

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyot...ctory_wheels/capital_wheels/capt00231521.html

I've been eyeing the FJC 17" Steelie

http://shop.wheelsexpressonline.com/17-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-Tacoma-steel-wheel-69504.htm

Good Hunting!

Ted

similar wheel comes of FJ Cruisers in 17inch.

I run 2" on the 17" FJCs, bunch of threads and pics here. I think the 16" is a better choice 33" tire and smaller, 17"s look and perform for me with 37s.

Call around to some wreckers in your area, they typically stock some OEM steel 16"s like you posted but they only came in the 7" width for about a 4 year period on the Tacomas, 01-04 I think as well as the 1st gen Tundra/Sequoia. Beno would know better but stay away from the 6.5" variety from the earlier years.

are not non usa wheels 16"? i know the splits are, but is/was there a non split, non usa 16" wheel? and could our good buddies in the dealer parts rooms get them for us?

are not non usa wheels 16"? i know the splits are, but is/was there a non split, non usa 16" wheel? and could our good buddies in the dealer parts rooms get them for us?

:(

Negative. Not available for US market.

Only non-US steelies that I know I can get are the 16x8 80 series steelies.

We used to be able to get the 100 series steelies but Toyota put the kibosh on that as well.

It's a real bummer Toyota does not support enthusiasts.

(Non-sequitur: Brian: the last remaining clip left today. :) )

:(

It's a real bummer Toyota does not support enthusiasts.

(Non-sequitur: Brian: the last remaining clip left today. :) )

so very much.

(awesome)

Screw the spacer thing and all the extra parts and buy some s*** that fits. There are several places that will build steel wheels with round holes to order mentioned in numerous threads here. Search around.

what.

who builds the steel wheels -- how much sounds expensive for my rust bucket -- cant even find the exact size to tell them what im looking for??? - i want the ones one the first picture -

seen discount tire / unique / us wheels makes wheels not sure about the one i want -- any one had some made from discount tire like the ones in the first pic

Last edited:
I'm using the 16" silver painted steel wheels from a '10 taco. Need spacers though, 1.5 inch spacers puts the center of the wheel where the center of the stock wheels were. they have 2" more backspacing on the taco wheels but the wheels are 1" wider so with 1.5" spacers you gain a half inch in and a half inch out.

Stockton Wheels built me some 16X8 steelies that fit perfectly. Do a search, I have posted all the specs and price several times.

if you want wheels like you have in the picture above...follow the notes listed in this thread...get the the wheels off the various Toyota vehicles noted. If you want a 17 inch wheel get the one off the FJ cruiser. You can find these on ebay and other sources. If the wheel is not the width you want...you can do three things.
(1) get another wheel (2) take the factory Toyota wheels and have them modified by a place like Stockton to increase the width and or potentially change the backspace..of course this will be $$. (3) use the Toyota OEM wheel as pictured above in 17 or 16 inch and use appropriate spacer to make it work.

Discount Tire souced 5 of these -16"variety (like new-takeoff) tundra wheels for <$40 each with a tire package. They are OEM Toyota for Early 2000's Tundra, Tacoma, and possibly others as spares and/or 'work truck' wheels.

I like them, gonna paint mine toyota grey.. gotta run spacers though.

1020121249_zps60ffda3c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom