Wanted 15x8 vintage wagon wheels with 3.5" backspace.....cross posting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

c2dfj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.c2dusa.com
Posted this in the wheel/tire section....wanted to cross post here as there might be a bit more traffic.

Working on a new project truck that came with some 15x8 3.5" back spaced white wagon wheels and some really cool old Tru Trac tires. The tires are from the 70s....don't want to take them off the wheels so I'm going to try and find a set of nice wagon wheels and put on some new rubber on those........want to preserve the 70s stuff for the next caretaker of this truck. It's massively original.....I don't want to be the guy who changed it all around.

Pictured below is what I'm after....really would like to have some blue/red striped ones and I don't want to buy any that are rusty or need restoration, not what I'm trying to do.....just need some nice clean ones. As much as I've hated wagon wheels most of my life, I can't believe I'm looking for a set(need 5).

I can buy new 15x8 x 3.75 which I may just have to do but not having that 3.5" offset will bother me. I do think the 3.75 will fit though....so it may be the only way to go.

Thanks...

This is what I have now and what I am chasing...

FE0921-A6-9-CC6-4-B57-A87-D-1-A629-A409579 2.jpg

For that particular of a search, I would recommend pulling a wheel off and measuring from the rim edge to the wms.

For that particular of a search, I would recommend pulling a wheel off and measuring from the rim edge to the wms.
I measured the spare this morning..... 3.5" back space. Seems everything now is a 3.75".

I just put some in the FREE section but they measure 3.75 as well.

Thread 'WI - White Spoke Wheels 15 x 8 Set of 4' FREE - WI - White Spoke Wheels 15 x 8 Set of 4 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/wi-white-spoke-wheels-15-x-8-set-of-4.1267926/

View attachment 2828674
I think I'm going to be stuck with 3.75....maybe run a spacer. Maybe the 3.75 will work as is. Just tryin to keep things the way they were. Maybe I should try an remove a tire from the existing wheel. Just store the tires and not buy new rims. We'll see.

I think I'm going to be stuck with 3.75....maybe run a spacer. Maybe the 3.75 will work as is. Just tryin to keep things the way they were. Maybe I should try an remove a tire from the existing wheel. Just store the tires and not buy new rims. We'll see.
I know what you mean about preserving the original stuff. I have a set of 5 original wheels with new hub caps and a full set of 5 Sno-Cruiser tires from 1978. They are a set of dealer take-offs and have been stored indoors since then. Tires are perfect and the spare still has all the little nubs. Saving them until I find someone with a nice 78 show rig that just needs originals to make it 100% original 😀

I know what you mean about preserving the original stuff. I have a set of 5 original wheels with new hub caps and a full set of 5 Sno-Cruiser tires from 1978. They are a set of dealer take-offs and have been stored indoors since then. Tires are perfect and the spare still has all the little nubs. Saving them until I find someone with a nice 78 show rig that just needs originals to make it 100% original 😀
Great minds think alike.😉

That is a nice set of wheels and tires! Exactly why I want to keep what I have exactly as it is.

How did you come across that setup??

That is a nice set of wheels and tires! Exactly why I want to keep what I have exactly as it is.

How did you come across that setup??
I ran into a fellow cruiser owner who happen to be moving out of state and did not want to move anything he no longer needed so I bought everything he had including the tires. The original steel wheels came from another bulk purchase. I think I have about 12+ of the original steel wheels that take the hub caps. I should start selling them as I don't intent to use any of them myself. :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom