150K Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, recently being quoted $1100 for the following services.

- PS Flush
- Coolant Flush
- Brake Flush
- ATF Flush
- Front/Rear Diff + Transfer Case drain & refill
- All four brake rotors & pads labor (parts not included)

High, not too high?

Thanks.

- PS Flush
- Coolant Flush
- Brake Flush
- ATF Flush

High, not too high?

Thanks.
Hmm. Coolant flush cost me 78 bucks total at my local shop. But it seems kinda high, especially it does not include parts for the brakes and pads. Try call around the shops in your area.

- PS Flush
- Coolant Flush
- Brake Flush
- ATF Flush

High, not too high?

Thanks.

- PS Flush - can do yourself with a turkey baster
- Coolant Flush - i had the shop do this
- Brake Flush - rent pump at auto zone or buy it at Harbor freight $20 ish i think, but easy job with pump did this on the wifes car last year
- ATF Flush - had shop do this
- Front/Rear Diff + Transfer Case drain & refill - SUPER easy - just a little messy tilting bottles to pour - could use pump mentioned above
- All four brake rotors & pads labor (parts not included) - did rear - had shop do fronts as bolt was frozen - had to sue heat to remove

Its all doable, but it takes your time. I do the easy stuff sometimes when i feel like it. Otherwise i take it in. Either way... :)

Goood to know I've saved myself $1100 - parts all in the span of 2 weeks earlier this year :)

Guys labor rate here in San Francisco is not cheap ... but thanks everyone for the input. I will see what I can negotiate down. I dont have too much time to do all by myself only thing i do on this LC is Oil/filter change :)

BTW this was the cheapest quote i have after call 5 dealerships. Highest was $1200 + 650 (brake labor) + tax
1100 was out the door with everything.

Guys labor rate here in San Francisco is not cheap ... but thanks everyone for the input. I will see what I can negotiate down. I dont have too much time to do all by myself only thing i do on this LC is Oil/filter change :)

BTW this was the cheapest quote i have after call 5 dealerships. Highest was $1200 + 650 (brake labor) + tax
1100 was out the door with everything.
Have you tried independently owned shops?

- PS Flush
- Coolant Flush
- Brake Flush
- ATF Flush

High, not too high?

Thanks.

Not too high. After I purchased my truck I took it to an Indi Toyota shop to have the exact same services as yours minus the brakes. The total was about $950. So your price is definitely in the ball park.

That was a few years ago and the last service I allowed someone to perform on my truck. I could have done it my self but I fooled myself into believing the first baseline service was better performed by the Indi shop (wrong). But after I had to return 2x to fix the same leaking trans drain plug, I decided to start doing my own work.

If you have the time, the space and tools; you can do the work your self with help from the FAQ, some friendly folks here and a copy of the FSM. All of the above for maybe a few hundred $ and the satisfaction of knowing it was done right.

I mis spoke in my reply. On the coolant flush I actually did it myself. I should have pics in my thread if you want to reference.

It really isn’t hard and you don’t NEED to buy Toyota coolant if you want to save some cash.

I'd bet that you're capable of doing all those things yourself.

Bring it up to Fresno and I can do all that for you, in a solid 3-4 hours, for 1/4 the price. ;)

Would love your contact information for future reference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom