GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Um....I recently received a warning from my Toyota service department that Toyota was telling them that they were having issues with aftermarket products like Weathertech and Husky causing problems with sticking accelerator pedals. My reply was that I could take a Dremel and cut the offending part down a bit. anyone else hear about this?

Dale

The accelerator problem was because of OEM all weather mats not aftermarket. I know because Toyota recalled my 08 OEM all weather mats...they were a heavy rubber material and replaced all factory mats with a thin rubber jar opener of a mat.

I've had good experiences with weathertech for my 01, 08, 18 4Runners and 19 LC. If the dealerships discouraged the purchase then not sure why they offer weathertech as an option. Weird.

I too have had very good results with my WeatherTech's. No issues in over a year. I have them in both front and middle seats.
Love them!

Speaking of floor mat, something really bad almost happened last week after cleaning my truck from all the mud. This is totally my fault but the result is unintended acceleration.

What actually happen is I accidentally replace the mat above the accelerator after power washing. Start the car and it rev normally. Press the brake and the semi rigid mat push the accelerator. The engine being very quiet i did not notice any problem and shift to reverse.

The truck was on plastic ramp, 4Low and CDL locked. The harder I press the brake the higher the ref. It cause my truck to jumped and shot the ramp backward about 10-15 feet. For some reason I got the reflect to reach the key and shut the engine off. Luckily this is GX470 and it still use physical key. This can end pretty bad. I was really lucky that time.

Speaking of floor mat, something really bad almost happened last week after cleaning my truck from all the mud. This is totally my fault but the result is unintended acceleration.

What actually happen is I accidentally replace the mat above the accelerator after power washing. Start the car and it rev normally. Press the brake and the semi rigid mat push the accelerator. The engine being very quiet i did not notice any problem and shift to reverse.

The truck was on plastic ramp, 4Low and CDL locked. The harder I press the brake the higher the ref. It cause my truck to jumped and shot the ramp backward about 10-15 feet. For some reason I got the reflect to reach the key and shut the engine off. Luckily this is GX470 and it still use physical key. This can end pretty bad. I was really lucky that time.

Glad no one was hurt...I had the same problem in my 01 with my weathertech mat. But my engine went way high on the rev when I started my truck. Luckily I checked the floormat and noticed it. Ha!

Had the same thing happen to me when I removed my mats to clean the carpets. I unintenionally placed the drivers Weather Tech on top of the accelerator pedal. Later in the day, went to move my car and when I started it, I thought the RPM was high on account of it starting up from cold. I put it in D (drive) and it lurched forward. Luckily I was quick with the brake and able to stop before hitting my garage door! For a moment I couldn't figure out what happened and was worried that it was a computer issue (read: $$$$$).
I then looked down at my feet and saw that the Weather Tech was on top of my gas pedal instead of tucked under.
Lesson learned: ALWAYS ensure the Weather Tech is UNDER the gas pedal when installing!!

Last edited:
F7DC123C-2142-492F-ABDB-B0C320A0F057.jpeg
6DC54C0E-15AA-45F3-B785-9957E7250C99.jpeg

This is the wife’s daily. 2018 Premium in Nightfall Mica. She finally wore out the original tires so I ordered a set of 5 Black FN FX Pros from Dustin and mounted them with 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak at3w. No lift and just some minor rubbing in the usual spots. No problem fitting the 265/70/17 in the stock spare location. She doesn’t have the full hitch. Just the smaller hitch receiver. Tires ride great. No real difference in road noise.

I will say that Dustin from FN wheels was awesome to work with. One of the best customer service experiences I’ve had in a long time.

Is AFN a Swedish/Euro off road manufacturer? That's a good looking front bumper! 👍
Although I don't think it'll work on our North American models.

AFN is a Portugese (in Southern Europe) brand. I think they made parts for the military. Bumper will most likely not fit your GX460 due to the precise fitting around headlights. Quality on these are good, but not up to "Kaymar" level. I had one fitting issue on mine due to a weld not being perfectly done. Otherwise fine.
Check here: AFN - 4x4 ACCESSORIES

1582950284774.png

End of the road in Washington Cascades...

So your at stock ride height in this pic?

Newbie here, just bought a GX460 after selling my QX 56. The GX is the perfect size while the QX is way too big. I upgraded the tires to 275/70/18 KO2 tires today, I had to trim the side step plastic and remove the front lower flap in the wheel well. There is absolutely no rubbing. I have also ordered an Ironman 660lbs Nitro lift fit which should be arriving in a few weeks.

View attachment 2184173

View attachment 2184174

View attachment 2184175

View attachment 2184179

View attachment 2184180

Reactions: r2m
I picked up an L Certified 2017 GX460 Luxury model (Silver Sky / Sepia) with only 19,400 miles last week (first photo). I put on new tires (Falken Wildpeaks: 265/65/18). Rides great. As a daily driver, not sure what other changes I might make.

3E7DBD92-5FC8-455D-8B64-1430B0907B37.jpeg

68C47475-82AC-40DF-875F-362A1E71C028.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom