GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm just trying to figure out whether I want to buy Prado rocker covers from overseas or cut my existing boards up.. Decisions, decisions...
Prehaps a better way of putting it: If you want to spend the money on Prado rocker covers from overseas (that could go towards a winch, bumpers, etc.) or save the money cutting your existing boards up... Decisions, decisions...

Finally knocked the soccer-mom look off the GX!
17" RadFlo stage 2 suspension and Total Chaos UCAs on Bronze FN FXPros with 275/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires.

Damn, looks fantastic! Just when I had about decided on gunmetal wheels for my Nebula gray you go and post this. I've literally been losing sleep over gunmetal vs bronze. Argh...

Here is mine! 13 gx 460, dobinson medium lift, sso sliders, sso roof rack, 23zero Byron. Level 8 17inch wheels and falken tires. My wife daily drives this we pretty much use this for camping and our 80 series for play.

Looks nice! If you could get a little more light on those wheels, that'd be nice. Can't really see the suspension and wheels in the shadows.

Much better!!

Not sure on lr or lt but here is what is on tires, to be honest they have been great we have aired them down at Offroad parks and taken them on long Offroad journeys. I will say this we are moving up to 33’s later in the year and most likely putting some bronze tandem wheels on it. The wife likes the bronze color on it!

I am sporting the same tires in 33" guise on my 100 and i think thye are great. Besides being an A/T tire, they are also snow and ice rated. I also put a seton my mini as well...

Not sure on lr or lt but here is what is on tires, to be honest they have been great we have aired them down at Offroad parks and taken them on long Offroad journeys. I will say this we are moving up to 33’s later in the year and most likely putting some bronze tandem wheels on it. The wife likes the bronze color on it!
That IS a great tire! I would urge caution airing it down when offroading, however. While we all know to air down for trails, this is a P-metric version and much less durable (MUCH lighter carcass construction RE: "ply #" equivalent strength) when aired down when compared to its LT load range E brother. It's comparable to the LT LR C version. I have a friend running this exact tire on his 4R and he's had a massive sidewall gash (when aired down...albeit AZ rock) and a tread puncture within 4 months...
SO, given you have the 80 for real trail duty, I doubt I can tell you much RE: off-road use ;) :bounce2::p:cool:

Just be cautions when/if airing down the wildpeaks on the GX...

*Edit*
Here's buddy's 265x70 17" p-metric wildpeak tire deformation @ 33psi....

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on those, the gx is mainly for mild trail duty, when they wear out most likely will look into 33’s with a thicker side wall

A3FF3192-390D-4E2C-8DC3-2AC1638CFF51.jpeg

Just finished a run to Publix - hell of a ride! But seriously, I do like the 265/65 AT upgrade.

F2BB6649-75AC-4D38-B330-34690A04EE9E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom