GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've had an 80 for a while, but new to the 150 section. We just sold our E63 AMG and picked this GX 460 up for my wife, then put wheels on it immediately. We love it. GX for light trails, road trips. LX 450 for heavier stuff and as my commuter.

I'm still getting used to the sideways gate on the GX. Not a complaint. It's just different not having a tailgate to sit on. Tried to sell her on the LX 570, but she thought it was way too big. Anyway, we're really stoked to have a GX too. See you guys around!

IMG_20180205_171709.jpg

IMG_20180205_171657.jpg

Sadly moving on from my beloved 2003 4Runner V8 2WD, modded, just sold/gave away to a family member yesterday. Got a 2015 GX460 Base (30K mi) CPO last week, a little mod on Day 7: 2.5" Daystar Leveling Kit, Yokohama Geolandar G105 285/60R18, and Helo HE904 18x9. A new journey begins with 4WD, finally.

Day 1...7

Passing the torch...

Last edited:
Thanks to forum member stilespendleton for recommending the lift kit.

Lift: Ironman FCP
Wheels: FN FX pro glossy gunmetal grey
Tires: Nitto terra grappler G2 285/70/17

Great looking setup! How much lift is that? Any rubbing at all? Thanks.

Last edited:
Seeing some great rigs here! This is my 2015 GX 460. It's a work in progress but we are having a lot of fun with it.

Really like your awsome front setup - that's what I want, eventually, after the CPO warranty expires. What front bumper is that? (Sorry, FNG here!) Did you have to modify/cut the front to do custom fitting, mounting, and wiring? What about the front sensors? Please do tell. Thanks a lot.

are you sure its a 5 speed and not a 6? it looks like a Prado gxl. it should have power everything if they're anything like what we get here in AUS
It was only a 5 speed. No diesel emissions, like dpf or def. Power door and windows. And non turbo. You can get a higher trim version than what my rental was, with the turbo diesel and more luxuries.

Holy sh!t!!!! That ARB bumper looks amazing on your GX! Please tell me there is a write up somewhere on install with tips, cut lines, issues, fitment etc!!! Awesome work!
Thanks Colonal Angus, I was a little concerned with it when I first ordered the bumper but was very happy with how it turned out. I have a bunch of photos from my install and can definitely try to write something up.

Really like your awsome front setup - that's what I want, eventually, after the CPO warranty expires. What front bumper is that? (Sorry, FNG here!) Did you have to modify/cut the front to do custom fitting, mounting, and wiring? What about the front sensors? Please do tell. Thanks a lot.
Thank you goodtogo. I apologize for the late response - it has been a very busy month for me. The front is the ARB Summit bar. It only comes in black here in the U.S. but I went ahead and had it powdercoated to match. If you have a Knights Armor Pearl GX I can send you the powdercoat supplier and code. I ordered mine through Southeast Overland and they gave me a great deal - talk with Steve Springs over there. The following is what I ordered:
ARB Summit Bar for Prado 150 VX/Kakadu - 3421830
Winch Installation Kit - 3500720
Hawse fairlead spacer kit - 3500600
ARB fog light - 3500590
Auxiliary Fog Light Loom - 3500530
Clear fog light cover - 3500680

If you have the Luxury version you will also want to order the front camera relocation kit. I don't have the part number handy.
Also, the Safari snorkel is: 2009+ Prado 150 4.0L Petrol - SS189HF. It fit great, and has better flow design through the fender than the Ironman or Amazon ones.

The install is a bear, primarily because of all of the different hardware that comes with it that is mixed together; I spent a few hours just sorting and identifying the hardware. Some of the instructions aren't very clear either (like the wiring diagram and instructions for the fog light loom), but I was able to figure out most of it using a few videos online of installs for Prado 150s.

You have to trim the front bumper cover. A LOT. The templates (meant for the 150) are worthless, so you have to install the bumper then try to use measurements and lots of repetitions to get the trimming where you need. They also don't give you nearly enough edge trim, so I ordered some more Trim-Lok from Amazon. And you also need to add capacitors for the LED turn signals that for some reason don't come with the kit.

I installed a Warn 10-S Platinum with a Factor 55 FlatLink E on the bumper with the wireless range extender kit, and it fit like a charm. the fairlead fits in the recess behind the swing-up license plate (part of the winch installation kit). Overall I've been very happy with the entire thing, and my wife loves it so much she wants the exact same thing for her 460. I will try to get a build page going on all of my mods, but until I get the chance to feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the sensors. The sensors are location-specific, so make sure to mark both the sensor bodies and the wiring loom. You will need to detach the loom from the bumper cover and reattach it to the ARB; not a big deal. There are two types of sensor holders on the back of the 460 bumper; the outside two clip into a surround that passes through the bumper hole from the front and sandwiches the bumper cover, while the inside two are clipped into a holder that is foam taped to the inside of the bumper. So you will need to cut out, clean off and re-tape the inside two sensors into the ARB bumper. Also, be careful because the two types of sensors also disconnect differently, so I accidentally snapped off a piece on one of the inside sensors when removing it, not realizing the difference. But once the sensors were reinstalled they worked perfectly.

The other issue is the headlight washers. They are very easy to remove as long as you first pull out the metal retainer clip and then slide down the white piece that surrounds the retainer clips. If you don't slide the white piece down you will break the tabs off of the retainer piece (a $37 mistake, plus shipping if your local dealer doesn't have one in stock).

^Body damage?
No, I did get a good amount of pinstriping over the 500+ miles, and I have some scratches on the passenger side door where I kissed a tree that somehow got past the sliders, but the sliders and wheels kept me off of the wall in the pictures above.

New here.
13’ GX460.
35 x 12.5 MT Baja MTZ on 17’ Methods.
ICON Coilovers, Rear Shocks, & UCA’s, METALTECH Rear Coils and R bump stop Ext, CaliFab Rear Links, Timbren front bump stops, Ext Brake Lines, SSO Sliders, CBI Tire Carrier. Total Chaos rear link skids.

Full set of RCI Skids on order.

F1551859-8DED-44C9-902A-E02C71036855.jpeg
27D60998-C8FB-418A-AA2F-82C4CB9007CF.jpeg
DB1100BB-2B6A-4211-9974-AC43DE9A1D89.jpeg

upload_2018-7-9_0-10-26.jpeg

upload_2018-7-9_0-3-34.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom