GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up the Gamiviti roof rack today, seems to be the perfect setup for our needs and Tim is a stellar dude.

If y’all are contemplating racks, definitely take a hard look at these. Very well thought out and very well built.

CD82E432-D23D-459F-A214-83DB40D239CC.png

From above so you can see a bit of the layout.

133D86DA-7132-4755-AA9E-A2330012DCFB.jpeg

Picked up the Gamiviti roof rack today, seems to be the perfect setup for our needs and Tim is a stellar dude.

If y’all are contemplating racks, definitely take a hard look at these. Very well thought out and very well built.

View attachment 2356438

From above so you can see a bit of the layout.

View attachment 2356439
Absolutely agree that Tim is great to work with! I love my rack! I did just about the same configuration as yours, except without the mesh in the middle.
If you add a light bar to the front, and want a clear front fairing I have a template I made so you can print it out and make the fairing out of clear polycarbonate (Lexan). Or you can just trace over your existing one. :meh:
I laid it out in SoildWorks and saved it as 11"x17" PDF's. So if you print it you'll need to print 3 11"x17" pages and splice them together. (easy peasy) Just need someone/somewhere to print that size. I have my own printer so it wasn't an issue for me.
By the way, look great on your rig!!

Absolutely agree that Tim is great to work with! I love my rack! I did just about the same configuration as yours, except without the mesh in the middle.
If you add a light bar to the front, and want a clear front fairing I have a template I made so you can print it out and make the fairing out of clear polycarbonate (Lexan). Or you can just trace over your existing one. :meh:
I laid it out in SoildWorks and saved it as 11"x17" PDF's. So if you print it you'll need to print 3 11"x17" pages and splice them together. (easy peasy) Just need someone/somewhere to print that size. I have my own printer so it wasn't an issue for me.
By the way, look great on your rig!!

Appreciate the template offer, I like what you did with that clear fairing, very sleek.

I think I'm going to skip additional lights for now, see how well the headlights + ditch light combo works for our needs this season. It's my first time running ditch lights on my own rig, so I've gotta live with them for a bit to know how we like them. Also, typically our lighting needs aren't crazy and I only have two switch holes left before I need to upgrade to a SwitchPro or something...and I've already got three ideas for those two holes :cautious: so have to tread carefully.

Appreciate the template offer, I like what you did with that clear fairing, very sleek.

I think I'm going to skip additional lights for now, see how well the headlights + ditch light combo works for our needs this season. It's my first time running ditch lights on my own rig, so I've gotta live with them for a bit to know how we like them. Also, typically our lighting needs aren't crazy and I only have two switch holes left before I need to upgrade to a SwitchPro or something...and I've already got three ideas for those two holes :cautious: so have to tread carefully.
Curious of what you're thinking of putting in those two slots, I assume, the two slots on the console designated for rear height and ride comfort.
When I add Crawl Control, I'll wind up having to get a new plate also which will eliminate the two switches so I've been thinking about what to replace them with. I'm also looking for ideas from others seeing what they're doing.

Curious of what you're thinking of putting in those two slots, I assume, the two slots on the console designated for rear height and ride comfort.
When I add Crawl Control, I'll wind up having to get a new plate also which will eliminate the two switches so I've been thinking about what to replace them with. I'm also looking for ideas from others seeing what they're doing.

I’ve considered using those areas for something, but I change my mind all the time and have learned to be hesitant to drill holes in things I can’t easily and cheaply replace (and I’ll be adding CC switch soon too, so would be shy about drilling that new part).

I had three open slots left of the steering wheel (I have a base, which only has the traction control switch there). Ditch lights claimed a slot and I’m contemplating between dual USB charging, rear roof rack lights (camp lights) and a trailer brake adjustment knob for the remaining ones.

Our teardrop has porch lights and I can easily add more camp lighting to it. The USB charging would be sorta convenient but not necessary and it’ll probably be a year before I go the trailer brake route. So who knows, maybe one day I’ll put more forward lighting as a priority and utilize one for that.

VERY nice! What rack did you run with?

In the future, you may want to add a HAM radio also. HAM radios have pretty much become the defacto means of communicating when off the pavement. Seems like mostly truckers still use CB's.

What "foot hills" are you around?
So, Cal??

What "foot hills" are you around?
So, Cal??
SoCal. Palmdale area to be exact. It's up by Edwards AFB and Willow Springs Raceway if you're not familiar with the area. I bought the GX in Glendale, haven't taken the covers off yet. :)

Reactions: r2m
In the future, you may want to add a HAM radio also. HAM radios have pretty much become the defacto means of communicating when off the pavement. Seems like mostly truckers still use CB's.

Well sh*t...

Resized_giphy_11htLOXJ6cC6KQ_fixed_width_47546089280861.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom