15 years later, my 100 finally gets built up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this great vehicle brand new in 1998, it was my DD until 2008 when I decide to get back into sports cars for DD, Even when I bought that first sports car in 2008, I had decided long before that I may never sell the 100 so it went into semi-retirement. Waiting around until I had the time and desire to make it into the truck I had always wanted it to be. When I first bought it in 1998, I immediately changed the tires, removed the step?running boards, added a grill guard, light guards, and some lights. It stayed that way for a number of years, then I added 285/75/16 and Bilstein shocks a few years ago. I cannot seem to find many images of the truck like this other than this far away shot taken last year in the desert.
toys_zps06e573b7.jpg

So this summer I decided to go ahead and build up the Beast. Honestly looking back at these last few months I can see where maybe I could have made some other choices as i learned more, but I am happy with the way things turned out.
First thing I did was have some 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terraintires, an ARB Sahara bumper, Warn 9,5xp winch, Hella 4000I driving lights, ARB fog lights, Safari snorkel, Sleee Diff drop, SPC upper contol arms, Factor ProLink, Factor Hitch Link, and OME 2.5 medium suspension installed. My thoughts when ordered all of this was that was going to be it for awhile, but no I went back to the internet to order more stuff, including an ARB fridge and a whole bunch of recovery things

Toyfronts_zps94091070.jpg

toyrts_zpsf299fc81.jpg

Toylefts_zps32d831c5.jpg

Last edited:
Well as soon as I did all of that I knew I had to go on, so I had an Odyssey battery, Slee single swing out rear bumper, vector spare tire rack, rear backup light, RotoPax fuel and water cans, Power Tank all installed

toy83s_zps917ba0fe.jpg

backup_zps8b8ac9b5.jpg

odyssey_zpsb0dbad19.jpg

Snorkelh_zpsb59734cf.jpg

Snorkelside_zps6a0ba567.jpg

Last edited:
After we changed the TB the front end was to high and I noticed the CV joint covers were leaking. While trying to lower the front one of the TB adjuster was frozen, so it had to be cut out and replaced, had the CV covers replaced, the main water hoses replaced, all the diff had a fluid change along with another engine oil change with Mobil 1.
Had the Rocky Road step sliders installed

rockyskidbar_zps5eb4b8f5.jpg

rockyrails_zps81f8445e.jpg

rockyrunners3_zps4b8d6afb.jpg

Warn1_zps8aba4638.jpg

Hella4000idrivinglights_zps7cba35f2.jpg

Last edited:
While have the TB adjuster fixed, also changed out the medium rear springs to heavies, had a set of ARB drawers installed. I admit I was very interested in the Trekboxx drawer system seem well thought out but I could get around the idea the one side would only be good for a fridge or ice chest. I like the idea with the ARB the I could remove the fridge and have a flat floor. So far very happy withe system holds a lot and works well

ARBDrawers_zpsb9b3dcee.jpg

ARBsidewing_zpsb4235f95.jpg

Drawers1_zpsd99581aa.jpg

Last edited:
I just realized that I had skipped ahead, my front seats leather had become pretty cracked and stiff, I read about getting some seat covers which looked like a great idea. But then while talking to a friend who works for a Toyota dealer, he suggest getting the seats redone with brand new leather by someone who does work for dealers. I though what the hell I am keeping this truck for a long while it and i deserve the new seats. So it took a week and I am thrilled with the way it came out, did the fronts and back seat.

Frontseat_zpsec148ded.jpg

Backseats_zps4568afa5.jpg

Last edited:
Lastly I installed a Speski Cargo barrier, had Rocky Road rack, Hawk brake pads hood lift struts, headlights aimed and a few other little things taken care of. ride hight is now perfect, the truck feels way better than new and if work would slow down just a little, I am heading out to the desert

Barrier1_zpsed042504.jpg

Barrierhardware_zps0309675c.jpg

barrier_zps9d243dbd.jpg

ROOFRack_zpse394f54f.jpg

shovel_zpsf2235aa9.jpg

Beastdone_zps27cf3cf4.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous. Where in So Cal are you? I would like to drool over it sometime :cool:

Thanks, I am up in Los Angeles

Looks incredible. Great work. What kind of sports car?

Loving it!! Very nice indeed.

Looks incredible. Great work. What kind of sports car?
Thanks, the sports car for that last year and half has been this Nissan GTR 0-60 under 3, Landcruiser 0-60 hoping for under 10
MyCars2s_zps4e6b2aad.jpg

MyCars1s_zpseaf0883e.jpg

Awesome.

You sir have an excellent taste in vehicles!

Very nice. Huge GTR fan. What an incredible vehicle. Hope to post up a sports car (P car) in the next 10 years or so. ;<)

100 is staying as the off-road machine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom