15 x 8 wheels with 4” backspacing on ‘83, will they rub? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching but could not find answers…

Will some 15 x 8 with 4” backspace rub on calipers, etc. on ‘83? It has stock brake calipers and will be running 33x10.5 tires

Im running 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing and 0.25 inch spacers and clear the calipers and dont hit on any steering arms. This is with 33x12.5 tires. Granted, 3.75 will stick out a little more than 4 inch. 3.5 BS seems to be the sweet spot to not contact your brake calipers. 3.75 backspace hits the calipers so 4 is definitely going to

You can kinda see the stick out in these pics:

ifpxsael.jpg

h5dM8Czl.jpg

Last edited:
I tried searching but could not find answers…

Will some 15 x 8 with 4” backspace rub on calipers, etc. on ‘83? It has stock brake calipers and will be running 33x10.5 tires
Yes. Depending on the brand as to how much. Do you have the wheels already? Are they bare, no tires? If so then mount them,
then slowly tighten the lugnuts. See exactly where they touch the caliper and turn them so you can make a mark on the caliper.
Then tighten them completely and see how much they contact or deflect the caliper. I used to grind the caliper housing on mine.
I used 15x10 with 3.5" BS and they rubbed. I could take about 1/8' down on the corner of the caliper and I was good to go.
If you can find a set of those 1/4" aluminum spacers they are a good fit, you don't lose enough lug thread to worry.
But I think maybe 4" BS on a 15" rim just might be too much BS to overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom