15" rims on a 92 HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I was hoping you guys can save me a little time.

I have a lifted HZJ73. Living in New England, I need to put her away for the winter. Found a nice warm dry spot to put her except the garage is 82" tall. As she sits, she is somewhere between 82.5 and 83.5" tall.

Was talking to a mechanic friend to see if he had some junk tires that would hold air I could use for the winter. I have a set of stock rims off an 80 that I could use. Unfortunately, he only has 15" and 17" diameter tires.

I do have a stock set of rims from my 94 toyota pick up kicking around. 6X139.7 and I am pretty sure they have the 110mm bore. Anyone running 15" rims on a 73? Will these fit? I am looking to drive under 10 miles. My other option is airing the tires down and filling them once I am in the garage.

Thanks for the help

Correction - 106.1 center bore - Sorry, I have the 100 series on the brain......

Only a half inch to inch and a half? That’s not much … if your lifted you most likely have 33’s now?

I say just Air them down… like your going rock crawling … you should be able to sneak it in that way

I have a friend who does the exact same thing… much easier than swapping tires every time.

Thanks, I may just air them down. They are 35s so It should work.

It may need to be backed out once or twice this winter by the guy who owns the place. I feel a bit safer if he doesn’t need to air them down.

Probably ok, but would hate to have this guy crush my frp top.

15" rims should a-okay as long as the backspacing is good. Backspacing of 3.5" or less to prevent rubbing against items like tie rod ends.
I think you are right to worry about a not-aired-down accident, but I generally have bad luck.

Thanks for the info, ended up airing them down and sliding it in. Just hoping the guy calls me if he needs to back it out this winter....

Good to know the stock toyota pick up rims will fit. I have an extra set kicking around I could use in a pinch next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom