$15 pet barrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dog has gotten a little big for his kennel and I decided the best solution was a barrier. I looked at Speski (probably the best option), but they are even more expensive now so I decided to pass. Next I checked out rainger nets, but I felt $220 for nylon webbing was a bit much. So now I present what the sewing machine and I came up with for a cost of under $15. Now my question for fellow 100 series owners: does anyone have a good solution for the space between the net and the window? I'm not sure my dog will try to slip through, but he probably could.
Cheers,
Scot
IMG_1929.jpg

If you put bacon in front of the net, he’ll slip through!

I would too!

Looks great man, congrats on doing it yourself.

Thanks! There are a couple of little changes I plan to make, but I'm happy with it and I'm confident that things I put in the back will stay there.

Where do I send my $30? I'll even pay for shipping. You know, this is how Ben got started. "Oh, I'm just making the bumper for me... no really... okay, maybe if 10 guys commit... "

I much prefer the nylon webbing over the rigid "cage" style barriers, but yeah - $200++ for a 4' net seems a bit high.

Where do I send my $30? I'll even pay for shipping. You know, this is how Ben got started. "Oh, I'm just making the bumper for me... no really... okay, maybe if 10 guys commit... "

I much prefer the nylon webbing over the rigid "cage" style barriers, but yeah - $200++ for a 4' net seems a bit high.

Believe me when I say my sewing is no where near the standard customers would require.:frown:

you can mod something up front to make it an attic when doggos not there?

I hadn't thought of that, but I would bet I can just in buckle it and re-buckle to the driver grab handles to make a rack for soft stuff. Thanks for the great idea! I will definitely be looking into that after work. If any one is interested in doing their own I can make a material and measurement list.

Cheers,
Scot

My dog has gotten a little big for his kennel and I decided the best solution was a barrier. I looked at Speski (probably the best option), but they are even more expensive now so I decided to pass. Next I checked out rainger nets, but I felt $220 for nylon webbing was a bit much. So now I present what the sewing machine and I came up with for a cost of under $15. Now my question for fellow 100 series owners: does anyone have a good solution for the space between the net and the window? I'm not sure my dog will try to slip through, but he probably could.
Cheers,
Scot
View attachment 1994094
Kudos to you for having the patience to sew all those webbing intersections. As a bit of a sewing machine nerd, it's a bit crude, but if it does the job and it fits the budget, it's a success. Most net type barriers will extend all the way down behind the seat and anchor down at the seat base and then extend sideways to a couple of anchors along the c-pillar. If you look at how Raingler does their 8-point nets on some vehicles, they pick up factory bolt locations on the body (seatbelt mounting bolts and others behind the plastic trim) and then cut slots in the plastic trim for their d-ring mounts to slide through.

As for the cost of ready-made nets, you're paying for expensive bar-tackers, box stitchers and industrial sewing machines, plus consumables, as well as higher gauge bonded nylon/poly thread, hardware etc. and all the R&D that comes with a vehicle-specific product. That still might not be worth the price to some. Personally, I have a half dozen industrial machines in my garage and I would not have attempted this, so again, kudos to you!

Haha oops wrong thread botched the internet again
Ahh that’s makes more sense. I even looked back to see if I had missed something :rofl:

I am looking for a barrier, not for a pet but to keep tool box, PB Blaster, real estate signs, recurve bow, etc. from taking my head off at an abrupt stop.

I am looking for a barrier, not for a pet but to keep tool box, PB Blaster, real estate signs, recurve bow, etc. from taking my head off at an abrupt stop.
In my line of work we have lost a few guys to improperly secured cargo. Personally I have yet to find a barrier device I would trust my families life to. For that reason I secure heavy objects to the floor to prevent momentum and look at the net as a secondary security measure. I am confident it will stop less heavy items and prevent heavy items from entering the passenger compartment should they come loose in a rollover.

I always wondered if something like this could be suitably adapted to the 100 series. maybe the holes are too big?
It could probably work with a few adjustments.

Cheers,
Scot

I'm thinking of some type of heavy floor mat to just lay over everything. Maybe that will slow things down.

Or just wear a helmet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom