13BT Mileage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
My BJ74/13BT has the 60 liter smaller tank, and gets about 500 kms local driving, and don't know what the mileage would be for long distance.

Whats your mileage?

Thanks

GB

I thought the tank was 90 litres according to spec's I've read. I get 24-25mpg (imperial) or 8.5km/litre (auto trans, 30" BFG all terrains).
I haven't actually gone past 68litres yet since I suspect running dry is a bit more complicated than with a gas engine...

I have had to put 84 litres in mine once. I think that is pushing it. I thought they had a 90 L tank???

Greg_B said:
Hmmmm, never heard of a smaller tank. You sure? Mine reads mt and takes about 65 liters. I've run it really low once, and put in 79l.

hth's

gb

When the gauge reads close to empty, I fill her up she takes about 55 liters... May be I have a 65 liter tank...

GB

Could be a faulty gas gauge or sending unit. I had that problem with my old BJ70 and had to judge how much fuel I had left by the mileage I had driven. I could never get more than 55 liters in the tank when the needle read empty but it had a 90 liter tank.

Canuck said:
Could be a faulty gas gauge or sending unit. I had that problem with my old BJ70 and had to judge how much fuel I had left by the mileage I had driven. I could never get more than 55 liters in the tank when the needle read empty but it had a 90 liter tank.

Thanks I will look into it.....

GB

My CND 70 reads empty I still have around 5 US Gallons left. I drove from Kansas City to just past Salida, CO and back averaging 23 MPG (US) over more than 1300 miles. The most I ever used in one tank was about 17.75 Gallons. Rollin' 33x9.50 as fast as I could (65-70 on flats). Didn't notice too much smoke at altitude but I was driving strictly by my EGT gauge.

-Noah

23-25 mpg mixed use

My BJ74/13BT has the 60 liter smaller tank, and gets about 500 kms local driving, and don't know what the mileage would be for long distance.

Whats your mileage?

Thanks

GB
Hello I also have a 60lt tank and that’s about what I get , once I go over 85/90kph it gets less , I hope this helps , regards peter

How are you are you filling it up? Are you stopping the first time the bowser cuts out? You can dribble it in and get as much as 87 litres. Ive never seen anything but the 90(nominal) litre tank in the parts diagrams, no real point on having a smaller tank as that tank was used on all the 7* series until a few years .
The fuel gauge needle on 7* series will go about an 3mm past empty or about 100 klms after it touches empty.
Fuel consumption is around 10-13 litres/100 klms on all the heavy duty diesels. Its not the engine size, its the mass of the vehicle and wind resistance.

mmm interesting on my jap import hj61 12ht my fuel gauge from full to empty takes 70 but its a a 90 litre tank, there is nothing wrong with gauge they put in a 20 safety margin so you were (in there eyes) less likely to run out of diesel

Yah on my 60 it goes deep past the E on the gauge. I've never put 90 into my tank. But seen in the 80's for litres.

The last 10 litres is the hardest at the pump. You have to tilt the pump nozzle and gentlely squeeze the handle so the fuel comes out clean without air. Like a solid stream. And then it keeps on filling....

Most people give up too easy on the top off. If I am going highway I spend the extra five minutes squeezing it in.

How are you are you filling it up? Are you stopping the first time the bowser cuts out? You can dribble it in and get as much as 87 litres. Ive never seen anything but the 90(nominal) litre tank in the parts diagrams, no real point on having a smaller tank as that tank was used on all the 7* series until a few years .
The fuel gauge needle on 7* series will go about an 3mm past empty or about 100 klms after it touches empty.
Fuel consumption is around 10-13 litres/100 klms on all the heavy duty diesels. Its not the engine size, its the mass of the vehicle and wind resistance.

You can get close to 90 litres by lifting the rh side about 50mm, but obviously it not practical at the bowser

You can get close to 90 litres by lifting the rh side about 50mm, but obviously it not practical at the bowser
yah you just ride up on the fuel pump curb! I'm sure they would love it. Just do the rear right wheel so you can look like a poser getting flex!

I actually had a 2003 VW gold TDI with a 55 litre tank, and when the pump clicked off you had to push a button inside the filler neck to vent the tank. Then you could stuff it full. But my 60 has no button to push. It's just a bear venting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom