13BT manifold ceramic coating question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any cons besides cost factor to cermaic coating my 13BT exhaust manifold and wastegate. benefits I guess the engine compartment would be slightly cooler? just thinking, if I cermaic coated my wastegate would that make a change in my temps that would be read through my pre turbo thermo probe?

Thanks
R

I just ceramic coated my 12H-T exhaust manifold and turbo (hot side and elbow dump)...my wastegate I just POR-15'd. I rebuilt my CT-26 with brand new oversized bearing too. WHile you have it off, take a close look at the "flapper" on the hot side of the turbo that the wastegate controls...mine had a crack on the base that I had welded and machined to prevent wastegate leaks.

I wasn't sure if there were any rubber pieces inside the wastegate that might be damaged in the coating process, so I just used POR-15...turned out great anyway. The ceramic coating's main purpose is to insulate heat, and using it like regular pain for the wastegate was not worth the money for myself.

I used the satin type coating for mine in the cast iron gray colour because the satin type finishes withstand heat a lot better than the chrome type.

My 2 cents...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom