About 4 mos. ago now I started this project. The first hurdle was to figure out what motor would be best in my 60. The end cruiser is going to be a daily driver for my wife and I running 100% biodiesel. Economy is more of an issue for us than power, but we do need enough power to drive comfortably and safely. We currently have an 03 VW TDI Jetta and an 86 Turbo Diesel Jetta. Our plans are to ditch the 03 and swap for the Landcruiser. This is because we have 2 little boys (3 and 4 mos.) that don't fit in the 03 very well. So I struggled with 13BT/3B+T/1HZ/12HT for some time. 3B+T turns out to be closely priced to a 13BT if you buy the AXT kit. 1HZ looks good but sounds like it drinks a little too much diesel. 12HT sure drives nice (after driving Wayne's) but I think it would drink too much as well for my liking. 13BT seems to be the answer for acceptable power (many will contest this I'm sure) and best mileage possible of the choices. I also decided that the 4 speed had to go so an H55 was in the picture now. I looked around a fair bit for a 13BT/H55 and nothing was easily available at the time. So my decision was to buy a BJ74 and rip the guts out and transplant into the 60. I know it's controversial (see BJ74 Importing Adventure thread) but in the end this is definately the best way to go for me never having done this swap before. So the 74 is sitting next to the 60 now in the shop and I've begun the disassembly process. I'll chronicle my days in this post to let you all know the process and I'll detail all the problems/successes I run into in detail. I plan on making a pdf of the whole process once I'm done and making that available to anyone. Here are a couple starter pics: this is the 60 recipient of a new motor. It needs some body work but is virtually rust free after I fixed the inner rear wheel wells. The right rear quarter panel was crunched by a pole years ago so that is getting some attention (hopefully some day a new panel).