135 amp alternator upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess he is in Dallas. Why not give him a call and post the response here. I'm in the Dallas/suburb area and can check him out.

bjowett, do you really need a stronger alt? I see so many folks upgrading theirs, and yes I did when I first got mine, but to me this isn't really needed in most of our rigs. For someone like Photo that can't risk anything it may make sense, but it's really not an issue with the stock alt.

Bjowett just got mine back from Harry at ace the guy who builds all the stuff for preimer power welder, sent him the stock alt off my 100 and he worked it into a 195 amp one , he said on the bench cold it put out 230 amps :D . turnaround was great ,and he was one of the niceest vendors ive ever used, from what he said he could probbaly do that to any toy alt, the one in my 40 has lasted over 5 yrs w/no problems, extra juce is great for winch/dual batts/1000wat amps and best of all to run my blender :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :cheers:
Evan

I could call them, but they will most likely say the same things mentioned in the Ebay auction..... I doubt they warrenty anything that gets to see mud and water like our trucks. :D

I see much potential for increased reliability by upgrading. 80 amps is adequate at best for a rig like the FZJ80 winching at night, needing plenty of light to work by etc etc.... My damn Audi and VW's came with 120 ampers stock.

Plus (or minus?), I do tend to get stupid :slap: at times and venture off in the lone vehicle with a couple of friends in the back whom are not offroad savy, to say the least. They enjoy the ride, but come time to unstick, it is the wife and I doing the rigging.

My plans are to go at least 120 amps, then install a fresh air intake for the brushes and rectifier.Picture here http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp?HC1=0&htarget=asgridyearmodel.asp&Hecode=google&hdept_id=35&HCY=1992&HCM=525i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom