13 MPG Hwy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2007 LC sees nothing but short hauls around the city. MPG has always been in the 11.5 range but I never thought much of it since it was all stop and go. Yesterday I drove 200 miles on the interstate and only got 13 MPG?? All my basic service is up to date and my car has no special mods except for +1 tires on an otherwise stock setup. Any thoughts on what may be going on here? Others are reporting 16+ MPG on the highway. Thanks!

Depends on how fast you were driving - I'll average about 13.5-14 mpg if I keep it at 70, but by 75 it's closer to 12 mpg. Of course, you have the VVTi motor, so your numbers will probably be better than mine.

What tires are you running? I agree, on a stock cruiser without a lead foot I'd expect 15-17mpg all day long. Got a roof box of any kind?

I avg about 15 on the hwy, my tire/rim combo is 100lbs per corner, heavy as crap compared to stock. Check to make sure you're not dragging brakes or anything. Park the truck on a leveled surface, leave it in neutral and try to push it. If you can't move it, then maybe your brakes are dragging. Have you had your bearings serviced? Was the preload done right?

Last edited:
^^^^this^^^^

13mpg parked, downhill, uphill or otherwise. I've tracked over 60 tanks in mixed conditions. Here in Central TX, I avg 13mpg regardless of how I drive. In CO, the truck avgs around 15mpg.

In the end, don't overthink it. These are 3 ton pigs that eat gas.....hence my new license plate "EATSGAS"

Not bad!!!! I get 11

I wonder who can get the worst gas mileage... let's all floor it around town for a tank or two and start posting up some numbers.

Who will be the first GPM? (Gallons Per Mile) :)

Did you have the transfercase in low range? ;)

I wonder who can get the worst gas mileage... let's all floor it around town for a tank or two and start posting up some numbers.
Haha, in all honesty, I don't care - it's an inefficient vehicle and I love driving. It is what it is for me.

Cruise control and speed set to 65 will get me into the 15's on a tank with an RTT and 285's for a long highway trip. 70 or more and the numbers magically drop, so 13 seems within reason.

Is your speedometer corrected? If you're an inch or two larger in diameter then your calculations can be off by 10-15%

In my 07 LX I get 15.3 just about everywhere.

Our bone stock 2007 LX470's gas mileage is very sensitive to how it's driven (I learned that from my 80). We recently drove a bunch of back-to-back ~175 mile trips on the interstate (me, wife, three kids and lots of luggage). One leg I drove like I usually do - impatient, irate at idiot drivers, 75-80-85 mph and we got averaged 13.4 mpg. Hmm. The other legs, I decided to park it in the right lane and do 70 mph the whole way. We averaged between 16.5 and 16.9 mpg. And the wife was happier! I tried really hard to hit 17 mpg, but couldn't do it.

What he said. If you rely on the stock screen for mpg info that won't be accurate. My 06 I get 15.4 average with 275/70/18
650 mile dive wednesday, 3 tanks, and 15.3/5 calculated at 70 MPH

I've also done the same trip with low rolling resistance tires. That was 17.5 mpg

Thanks for all the info. I should have clarified that I am just going off of the computer screen on the radio for MPG info. I also run 285's. My bearings have been replaced by the same guys that have serviced my LC, GX, and Sequoia for years. I will have them check the brakes/bearing. I just got a Miata that I drive around town like a zippy video game, so maybe I was driving the LC a little hard.

^^funny^^ how about 8mpg?

I averaged around 8.5mpg crossing Kansas this summer running 65mph: (30mph cross winds, towing a small trailer, roof top box, armored & lifted with larger tires). I think I had to stop for gas 3x just to get across KS.

i've been tracking mine and normal driving (90% city) gets me 12-13mpg. on our drive to orlando w/ 3 adults, 3 kids, and a packed car, we averaged 16mpg highway only (staying between 70-75mph)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom