'13-'15 LX570 Poor Headlight Performance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 2015 LX570 with 110k miles and one of the minor things bugging me about it is what seems to be pretty poor headlight performance. Thinking it was aging factory bulbs, I purchased some authentic Osram Cool Blue Intense Next Gen (CBN) D4S bulbs, after seeing some decent reviews. While the color did change to a slightly cooler color, I didn't notice much in terms of increased output. When driving at night next to other vehicles, it seems that my headlight output is often overpowered by whatever is next to me, whether it be incandescent, HID or LED. I've spent some time to ensure my headlights are properly leveled, and the beam extends out plenty without being too high, but there's just not much light on the ground.

I figured the LX models would be equipped with a decent HID projector, but I could be wrong. Has anyone else experienced similar thoughts on these headlights? Would replacing the ballasts help improve the output (I have not experienced any flickering)? Is there another D4S bulb others are happy with?

I wish I could help, but I’ve been disappointed with mine as well (2013.) when I first bought it I was happy, but that was compared to a 99 LX and a 02 F350. As time has gone on I feel the same as you, it’s not terrible but it does seem every other vehicle on the road outshines me. I frequently see my own shadow in front of me from the headlights behind me… I’m following here to see if anyone has any ideas. Good luck, I hope there’s something out there.

My friend’s 13LX has great headlamps with the original 120k mile bulbs..

Not quite as good as my cruiser but I put the Philips xtremevision upgrades in and I chalk the difference up to those.

How did you adjust the level on your headlights when they are self leveling?
There are adjustment screws to set the effective zero point that they then “self level” from. They aren’t smart enough to know true level and get feedback about whether they are approaching that.. they just lean on AHC to keep the truck level and give feedback to further adjust headlights when it’s not via the suspension position sensors.

How did you adjust the level on your headlights when they are self leveling?

It's pretty simple, but on the LX you have to remove the two side engine compartment covers.

Low.JPG

Adjust.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom