12v outlets no power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm out of ideas on how to fix my 12v outlets... None of them work. Cig light, front console, center console, rear cargo area... nothing. I checked the fuses and they are still good, #39 I think and I forget the one for the cigar lighter. Anyone else have this issue? How would you go about troubleshooting this?

I really mean this in all sincerity but, have you turned on the key?

It burns me up that I can't charge my phone when the key is not on. Outside of that, I am not sure where to tell you to start.

ACC relay controls the power to the cig & power outlets, it's powered by a 120 amp fusible link, but it also supplies lots of other things so I expect it may be your relay (or no key in IGN)

a quick method i'd try would be a telecom test toner and wand... it might tell you if the 12V sockets are connected together and how far back toward the relay the wiring is connected. most would use a 12v test light probe, a schematic, and some connector / insulation investigations; it couldn't hurt and would cost next to nothing. I'd guess bad relay or fuse... and test there and work forward.

one thing I dislike about japanese cars - can't charge your cell phone unless you leave the keys in

100 TD said:
ACC relay controls the power to the cig & power outlets, it's powered by a 120 amp fusible link, but it also supplies lots of other things so I expect it may be your relay (or no key in IGN)

If the ACC relay was blown, would the car still function?

And yes, I tried with the car running :)

the left one on the dash is the cig plug, with it's own fuse. The right one, the one inside the console and the one in the back are on another circuit.

images

Does anyone have a fuse box diagram for 2000 LC?

I was searching fuse box, that would explain it. I didn't know the technical term for it.

If you have your owners manual it's located near the back.
Mine only has the location of the blocks, not the specific fuses

On 2000's, the diagram is ON the fuse blox...just sayin.
the cover was missing when I bought the truck

next time, I will fully divulge everything I have attempted when posting a question so I don't get lambasted.

dammit, it is in the owners manual. :eek:

Section 8 "specifications"

Got er fixed yet? Let me know. Mine quit working last week (front, console and back)... Fridge is down, and can't charge the phone on long trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom