12V Impact Wrench (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody used one of these?

Harbor Freight 12V Impact Wrench

92349.gif

12V EMERGENCY IMPACT WRENCH

Get back on the road in minutes. Delivers up to 150 ft. lbs. of torque to power off lug nuts.

* 11 ft. cord with cigarette lighter plug
* Reversible--removes and installs lug nuts
* Comes with 11/16'', 3/4'', 13/16'', 7/8'' chrome steel sockets

1/2'' square drive; 30-40 blows per minute; Shipping weight: 4 lbs.​

No, but looks cool. 30-40 blows per minute sounds slow, but $20 isn't bad if it works. If it doesn't work, anyone know of a better 12v impact driver?

Ok bought one to test and was pretty impressed for $20. It works well up to it's limit. I removed about half of the lugnuts on my 100 but it couldn't remove the ones over tightened by the wheel monkeys who last rotated my tires. But using my torque wrench I determined that these were torqued to over 150 ft-pounds. It handled the ones properly torqued (98 ft-pounds) pretty well and was really fast once the nut was free spinning.

The action is different than a air driven wrench. After each impact the wrench spools up the fly wheel for another impact. There was a second or two between each strike. A few lug nuts had to be taken off using the OEM lug wrench but these were on so tight I had a lot of trouble taking them off with the OEM wrench.

I see the real usefullness for this being someone who can not operate a lugwrench (girlfriend/gramdma) well and who's lugnuts are properly torqued. It does not replace the lug wrench and a breaker bar but might really help a weaker person.

The wrench includes a direct to battery connection but I didn't try it instead I just plugged into the front cigarette plug. It also has a LED on the front to help light up the work. The short impact sockets included are all standard so I had to purchase a seperate metric set.

The wrench was priced at 39.99 at my local store and 19.99 online. To get a internet price at a local HF, try bring a copy of the ad you are looking at.

thats a great price for what it does. I might have to pick one up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom