12v external power port (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REKCUT

SILVER Star
Threads
I am thinking about running a power port out the rear of the truck near where the spare used to be. Run it out with the wire harness and coil it up. I often place arb fridge under back of truck at camp. Would be nice to power this or who know what else. Anyone else done this? I assume it would be fine with an internal switch for power and a cap.

As usual the most likely point of failure will be at the connections - where the wire connects to the back of the socket and the socket itself. Look at Blue Sea marine connectors. The rear driver’s side has a rubber grommet that can be used when exiting wire from the interior.

Thats the spot im looking at.

I am thinking about running a power port out the rear of the truck near where the spare used to be. Run it out with the wire harness and coil it up. I often place arb fridge under back of truck at camp. Would be nice to power this or who know what else. Anyone else done this? I assume it would be fine with an internal switch for power and a cap.
Maybe this will help, @LandCruiserPhil hooked me up with a couple of the australian connectors weather tight etc. I drilled out my 4x4labs bumper and installed a Anderson connector and ran a line fused up to Aux battery I use it primarily for my already MPPTed portable solar panel, but I can use it for anything including a fridge. pretty easy has held up to 100K of highway desert mud water etc etc etc it lets my set up a solar panle on a 30ft lead I made away from the truck so I dont have to park her in the sun. Hope this helps.
DSCN9345 (1)_Moment.jpg
DSCN9345 (1)_Moment(3).jpg
DSCN9346 (1)_Moment.jpg
DSCN9345 (1)_Moment(2).jpg

Maybe this will help, @LandCruiserPhil hooked me up with a couple of the australian connectors weather tight etc. I drilled out my 4x4labs bumper and installed a Anderson connector and ran a line fused up to Aux battery I use it primarily for my already MPPTed portable solar panel, but I can use it for anything including a fridge. pretty easy has held up to 100K of highway desert mud water etc etc etc it lets my set up a solar panle on a 30ft lead I made away from the truck so I dont have to park her in the sun. Hope this helps. View attachment 1934148View attachment 1934149View attachment 1934150View attachment 1934151

I have a couple more in my hidden stash if you need more.

Made this last night for my solar power but works the same for 12v external power. Rear of the truck down low gets the filthiest so make positive you have sealed connections.
EF6DE885-7453-4F69-8BA5-CD3735FABEF0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom