12V electronic guage on 24V (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a real nice oil press guage that i was going to use on my mitsubishi diesel, until I sold it. I would like to put it on the BJ74, which is 24V, problem being, will the press. sender care about being grounded to the block? I have a 12V power converter to supply it. As we all know, Toyota oil guages are notoriously crappy.

Why not just go with a mechanical gauge.Better than electronic IMO. It eliminates all the wiring problems except the bulb but you can buy those.

Just wire it into the existing dash lights. Splice and run a new wire to it. You need to replace the 12v bulb that comes with it with a 24v one thats all.

silvercrusher said:
Just wire it into the existing dash lights. Splice and run a new wire to it. You need to replace the 12v bulb that comes with it with a 24v one thats all.

Simplest most elegant solution. :)

Stone why u sellin your baby. What is in the works? Did you find something in the phillipeans(spelling).

Cheers

Challis

Went ahead and connected the 12v guage on with a 12v power supply, and it seems to work just fine. When it's at running temp it idles at 25-30psi, and cruises around 75psi. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom