12V electronic guage on 24V

I have a real nice oil press guage that i was going to use on my mitsubishi diesel, until I sold it. I would like to put it on the BJ74, which is 24V, problem being, will the press. sender care about being grounded to the block? I have a 12V power converter to supply it. As we all know, Toyota oil guages are notoriously crappy.

Just wire it into the existing dash lights. Splice and run a new wire to it. You need to replace the 12v bulb that comes with it with a 24v one thats all.

Stone

silvercrusher said:
Just wire it into the existing dash lights. Splice and run a new wire to it. You need to replace the 12v bulb that comes with it with a 24v one thats all.
Simplest most elegant solution. :)

Stone

Nah...just making a financial move, Challis. Might be Cruiserless for a little while waiting for my wife to finish grad school...then there should be another Cruiser in the horizon. :) :cheers:

Went ahead and connected the 12v guage on with a 12v power supply, and it seems to work just fine. When it's at running temp it idles at 25-30psi, and cruises around 75psi. :)

Top Bottom