12v constant power, rear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to get constant power to the rear 12v plug for my fridge without running a separate line. Anybody done this? I've done it in my past 100 series and now current one with a simple jumper where the big fuse is in engine bay box. The 570 seems quite a bit more electrically complicated.

If powering a fridge you want to run larger wire than OEM.

Off the battery, through the firewall, down the door sill channels and into the back. Bite the bullet and do it the right way!

@fireball True. I guess just because they put a 3 prong outlet back there doesn't mean it's meant for everything. Thought maybe the 570 had more robust wiring. I ran the WitsEnd cable on my 100 for it that I kept so not an issue doing it again.

Im about to run a 10 gauge to the rear passenger access door for this exact purpose. Throw in a 4 spot fuseblock for good measure and should be able to power more than enough small accessories in the rear hatch area.

If powering a fridge you want to run larger wire than OEM.

Off the battery, through the firewall, down the door sill channels and into the back. Bite the bullet and do it the right way!

This.

It is really very simple to run a positive-fused wire through the passenger firewall...then just pull off the front row passenger door jam (no screws)...feed it through the pillar gap...under row 2 door jam (again no screws). In a pinch, you can even just wire a 15A fuse close to the battery end until you grab a fuse box or a simple, in-line fuse plug.

If you are using the main battery, you don’t even need a neg wire. Just run the neg to the frame or body on a decent sized screw (Ground screws are all over under there) and you’ll be far better off that powering through the tiny gauge wire of your built-in DC outlet.

Sorry my bad on the title, the outlet in the back is actually 115v ac. So basically has a built in inverter. I've had the fridge plugged in before (already had it at cooled running temp) with no issues. Was just toying with it being always on. There is also a button to cut power to that outlet. Has to be slightly better than a cig adapter plug that the fridge came with (ARB). Or maybe the same, not familiar with elect conversion.

Of course as stated I have proper wiring to hard wire to battery and am familiar with doing so as I did it in my past 470. Will go that route again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom