12V always on wire locations - Vehicle tracker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am looking to find possible locations for a vehicle tracking device. I had considered using the rear light, it's always on 12V, but the tracker didn't work well above the headliner.

So, now I'm hunting down other locations as possibilities. I'm coming up a little empty handed. Ideally, I'd like something that is in the cabin. Had considered tapping into a door lock wire.

Any suggestions?

No one should want to give up their good spots publicly, for obvious reasons.

There are a few constant 12v feed under the seats. Not sure if that is a good place to locate a tracker though.

There are a few constant 12v feed under the seats. Not sure if that is a good place to locate a tracker though.
Hadn’t thought of that yet. That would work fine I think. 👍

It’s merely a preventative measure. A $40 jammer and a flatbed and sll bets are off 🤔

Under the seat would be the first place any thief would look.

There are constant 12v sources all through the dash. Simplest one is the feed going to the radio, but you can get increasingly sneaky from there. If you want you could go all-in, pull the entire dash out, splice into a constant 12v feed deep behind the air vents and tape it all away. Nobody would ever find it.

As an alternative, don't hide one tracker very well, hide two trackers. Even if someone was actively looking for a tracker, I'd wager 95% of people would stop after they found one. Nobody would expect two. You also increase the likelihood that you can get a signal, even if one of them has issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom