12v air compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Tools, if I remember correctly, you have some insite to this..

Can I get into one for under $150?

What's available locally or should I purchase online?

Among the non-boutique inexpensive compressors, there are two classes.

First are the "air-up" only units. My favorite is the Master Flow Tsunami. It's available from Costco ~$50 and PepBoy's ~$70, they often have it on sale/rebate. They are well proven, with two simple weakness; The wire connectors on a few haven't been fully crimped, so need to be inspected and re crimped or soldered. Also the air filters are plastic, so if they aren't removed before storage, can be broken.

I ran two, it made airing up faster and if one were to fail, the other would still get the job done. But in the ~3 years that I ran them never had any failures.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/camping-gear-recovery/134211-good-12v-compressor-costco-$48-99-a.html

air compressor test

The second is the Harbor Freight, some use them with good results. In our air up races they are slightly slower then the Tsunami.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

The other class makes enough air to run air tools. I have the Puma unit, very happy with it. It's slightly out of your stated budget, IIRC $206 delivered, but IMHO worth every penny.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/camping-gear-recovery/166969-puma-12v-compressor.html

Thanks, I'm off to check out Costco.
My first thought on the Puma was the size of the unit compared to the limited room I have in my 40. But the onboard installation pics have the wheels turning:hmm:

Might have to do an upgrade at a later date.

You can divorce the air tank on the Puma. Then it may fit under the hood.
Kevin, mine was $209.25, delivered 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, I'm off to check out Costco.
My first thought on the Puma was the size of the unit compared to the limited room I have in my 40. But the onboard installation pics have the wheels turning:hmm:

Might have to do an upgrade at a later date.
Howdy! Harbor Freight has their's on sale for $49.99 thru April 21. The store in Tempe has several on the shelf if anyone is interested. John

I picked up the Tsunami at Costco for $49. I am impressed.
I did some tests and the results are as follows:
(All these were totally flat at start)
35x12.50-15; 4 minutes to 35psi
32x11.50-15; 3 minutes to 35psi
Basketball; 15seconds
Small bicycle tire 2-3seconds:eek:

Thanks guys...

Also, did anyone notice the attractive young lady on the box filling a mud TA on a 40 series?

:cool:
W&S4-2.jpg

Also, did anyone notice the attractive young lady on the box filling a mud TA on a 40 series?

:cool:

I did take notice of the young lady, but completely missed the 40 for some odd reason. :D

-Spike

I noticed that she's going to burn her jeans off if she holds that while it's running. They work great but get a little hot to the touch by the time you're aired up. Not that that would be bad thing.

I noticed that she's going to burn her jeans off if she holds that while it's running. They work great but get a little hot to the touch by the time you're aired up. Not that that would be bad thing.
Howdy! She probably already has calluses there from doing it so often! John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom