12V & 24V new OEM Cluster Units (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear all,
I am looking for a new Dashboard Cluster unit for my BJ45. The Cruiser is a 24V vehicle.
Can one use the 12 Volt setup, perhaps with some mods (e.g. bulbs), or it isn't that simple (as I am affraid)?

In the Western European market one can find the 12V unit for 200 euros (225 US$) and the 24V for 400 euros (450 US$)...
The prices are for new OEM parts.

I would appreciate your advice!
Mits

====
1984 BJ42, last of the breed, frame-off restored in Germany, 4E9 Toyo beige, H55F factory 5 spd, No P/S
1983 BJ45 P/UP, factory P/S, resto project

J4 Cluster Unit.jpg

You might be able to.
Look on the back of yours
it should have a big resistor / voltage dropper on the circuit board. And a break on PCB board that it jumpers. Only half the cluster gets 12 volts and the amp meter and something I can’t rememwber gets the 24 volts you may be able to break the connection on the pcb ad your dropper and swap the amp meter and maybe bulbs. Been awhile since I played with mine. I went from 24v cluster modded to a 12v cluster.

Nice that’s the info. Perfect. I went from 24volt to 12volt but I didn’t change any of my gauges. They all seem to work. I’ll. Have to study this pic and take a look at the gauges cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom