12v - 110v inverters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a very interesting thread. I recently purchased some 4AWG and 10AWG wiring to redo my rear 12V setup. The 4AWG for 40A power to the rear and the 10AWG through a relay to power my fridge. I love the QPM that Joey offers, just not the price and I prefer a much cleaner look with stock paneling. I will be making a much smaller one to hold my power distribution blocks. I have no intention of running an inverter since I can't see why I would need one and have a jackery 160 for portable 120V that can be recharged through my 12V system.
I didn't need a full panel either in the rear so I made my own to house a fuse block and relay. 12v power for fridge, aux port/USB and voltmeter for house battery, air compressor, 7-pin trailer, wireless backup cam, etc... Used a boat hatch for easy access.
RQP.jpeg

RQP Access1.jpeg

RQP Access2.jpeg

I've been running that Kreiger inverter that you posted on the first page for about 3 years without issue. I use it to plug my pop up into when I need 110v in the camper and also to recharge the camper battery. It has been rock solid so far. And for the wiring I bought a set of 20ft 2 gauge jumper cables and cut off the clamps because it was a lot less expensive that way.

No. Unfortunately I did not document it very well. I basically copied @midfat with his air setup except I didn't end up taking it outside the truck. I left it on the drawer wing. The bottom left is just a blue sea cigarette outlet.

Happy to answer questions though if anything piques your interest any further.
@NorCalFJ100 if you do have Dobinsons drawers, can you please post measurement of the available space in the passenger side wing area? Planning to fit equipment in this area, but don’t have my truck or drawers installed to take measurements. Looking for height, width, and length from the tailgate to the hump. Thank you !

Last edited:
@NorCalFJ100 if you do have Dobinsons drawers, can you please post measurement of the available space in the passenger side wing area? Planning to fit equipment in this area, but don’t have my truck or drawers installed to take measurements. Looking for height, width, and length from the tailgate to the hump. Thank you !
So I do have the Dobinson's drawers. When I get back to my truck in the next day or two I will get some measurements. For reference, I am running a Victron Phoenix 1200 and I have a bit of room on the side next to the plastic quarter panel otherwise it pretty much takes the bulk of all the space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom