12ht (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sounds good, im quite interested to hear about those trucks. Im guessing they are located in calgary?

Colin

A 12H-T would still be a nice swap into an 80, although not as nice as a 1HD-T. My greater concern would be the quality and workmanship of the swap rather than the type of engine itself. At least they didn't swap in an old 2H into an 80...lol.
What's the benefit of swapping from a 1FZ to a 12HT? You're losing ~50 HP and ~40 lb.Ft Torque

Holy thread dig lol....

I’m guessing the OP has purchased a vehicle already. But to answer your question, a turbo diesel has a lot more torque down low and if you’re going to the effort of swapping in a 12ht or 1hdt you’re probably going to do some mods....

It’s relatively cheap/easy to double the power of a 12ht or 1hdt (intercooler, exhaust, turbo and turn up the fuel) compared to a 1fz which requires a custom turbo manifold, intercooler, upgraded fuel pump, ecu tuning...

While a petrol engine has the power, it requires the engine to be at high revs. It’s a bit like comparing a Honda S2000 to a V8.... yes the Honda makes the power but you have to have the revs up whereas a V8 will “feel” more powerful when cruising around. Same with diesels...

I'm definitely a believer in 1HD-FTE, if you can buy one ;). Did some 12HTs come with intercoolers or is this the 1HD-FTE intercooler?

I'm definitely a believer in 1HD-FTE, if you can buy one ;). Did some 12HTs come with intercoolers or is this the 1HD-FTE intercooler?
1HDFTE was the first land cruiser diesel to be offered with an intercooler in the HDJ100. HDJ79 didn't get a cooler. First intercooled 70 was the 1VDFTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom