12HT wiring help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michael B

SILVER Star
Threads
Guys I have a 12v alternator externally regulated on my 12HT in my 78' 45. I need help wiring the plug for the alternator. Pictured below is what I have to work with along with the appropriate plug.

IMG_1683.JPG

I just fitted a Bosch RE55 14 volt regulator over the weekend very simple to wire in with two wires only. I bolted it beside the stock unit as a spare because it jams the battery with 14.4 at 1800 RPM but still trying to work out how to disconnect the idiot lights when it's in use. The reason I went with this unit is when towing my caravan it will also keep my two 100 amp AGM batteries fully charged as well. When I get home tonight I will pull some manuals and try and help with the stock reg.

how can u tell if your alt is internally or externally regulated?i need to wire my alt up.its a 12v alt looks the same as yours in the pic.and I'm trying to wire it into the 3fe harness
Screenshot 2017-11-06 20.03.34.png

Screenshot 2017-11-06 20.03.09.png

Uhmm ive got a fj80 and I've chucked a 12ht into it.it originally had a 12v internal reg alt and now I've got a 12v external reg alt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom