12HT turbo question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

So I have recently been told that the factory turbo in my truck is leaking oil? Is this common and whats my best approach at fixing it? Are these turbos usually rebuilt or should I look for a replacement or an upgrade? I am in the states so not being a stateside part, I am looking for any thoughts in this matter. Should I rebuild or replace and what brands are interchangeable. Thank you for your time in advance!

Caleb

Hello All,

So I have recently been told that the factory turbo in my truck is leaking oil? Is this common and whats my best approach at fixing it? Are these turbos usually rebuilt or should I look for a replacement or an upgrade? I am in the states so not being a stateside part, I am looking for any thoughts in this matter. Should I rebuild or replace and what brands are interchangeable. Thank you for your time in advance!

Caleb

The turbo can be rebuilt. A kit for a supra, MR2 etc will work and someone in the US that has rebuilt CT-26 or other turbos should be able to do it for you no problem.

hey dude, how bad is the leak? dripping, or just "moisture" around the area? dripping is a problem.mine leaks a little, but i'm not too concerned. i don't have any smoke in the exhaust.

thanks for the responses. I don't know how much it is leaking but there seems to be more smoke in the exhaust than normal. I had the injection pump checked. There seems to be a lot of buildup in the cylinders and I was told the turbo was leaking. I am not doing the work myself so I haven't seen the evidence myself. So a supra or mr2 rebuild kit will work for my turbo? What turbo does toyota put on the 12ht? Thanks again for all your help.
Caleb

mine leaks a little around the the intake but not bad i asked around and they said it was common.

Thank you for all your responses! I found someone who is going to rebuild and upgrade my turbo in norcal. I will let you know how it goes.

caleb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom