12ht swap into a hj60 2h help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI,
Anyone swapped a 12ht into a 2H hj60 cruiser can help me out.
Got the 12ht into the hj60 today and started bolting everything back on.
Ran into a couple problems.
What do I do with the diesel return line. 12 ht runs it right back into the fuel tank. the hj60/2h runs it back into a valve in the top of the injector pump then back into the inlet of the injector pump at the bottom.
Do I need to run a new line all the way back to the tank?

There are a few extra plugs in the loom of the hj60 . can I just leave them hanging, or shall I take the whole loom out of the 12ht cruiser and wire it into the hj60?

How do I sort out the pre heat on the 12ht, what do I need to swap over?

Also the small fitting that is bolted onto the inlet crossover pipe which has vacuum lines running to it also has 2 wires and a plug , where do these wires come from?

Anything else that I need to know ?

any help much appreciated.

hi,
-return line dont know
-extra connections are normal, search for pictures in other threads
-pre heat dont know,
-wires dont know, get manal, print out what you need,
-maybe make pictures,
sorry I have no info, there is one for sale overhere but I dont think this helps; 2h-out12ht-in:

61in60.JPG

I did this this swap… and it’s probably the easiest swap you can do!
Return Line: You will need to drop the tank and replace the pick-up tube. You need to install one from a HJ61. I have a part number if you want.
The HJ60 just has a feed. The return diesel is recirculated up at the engine. The 12HT returns fuel all the way back to the tank.
Be very careful to not break off any of the small mounting bolts. They will be rusty! Dropping my tank was an ugly job! I did not enjoy it!
I ran just regular “rubber” hose fuel/diesel line all the way back… that was the easy part!
For the old H2 wiring harness, I just put heat shrink over the ends and tied it back.
(You can use the two 24v B+ wires from the super glow circuit for the new glow screen circuit) You will have to trace those out with a multi meter.

You only need one wire to turn on/off the engine. Just need power the shut off solenoid. I used the “on” terminal that is the little black box on the air box. I used a spare 4x4 solenoid and plumbed it in reverse to activate the shut off butterfly valve in the intake.

For the glow circuit refer to this thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...6767-12ht-intake-heater-glow-screen-help.html

I ended up utilizing the two existing glow circuit relays that are on the left fender well, between the mounting brackets of the airbox.
Install a push button “Wilson switch” for the Pre glow… and a toggle switch for the After-glow. It’s a simple circuit to figure out and wire up.
I even utilized my existing glow light in the dash. You don’t really need a light since when you trigger glow, you will see the volt gauge drop.

The “2 wires” are for the dash warning lights. The HJ61 had boost lights in it. I just plugged the end and run a proper boost gauge.
I hope that helps?
Mike

12ht fuel return line

With the fuel return line can I just 'T' it into one of the breather or evaporator lines going in to the fuel tank or do I need to replace the pickup ?
Anyone know what all the hoses are for going into the fuel tank?
there are about 7 of them. 4 in one group and 3 further back.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom