12HT Liners? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a question for you diesel guys, does the toyota 12H-T have piston liners? All the rebuild kits I've seen don't show any.

According to EPC...nope.

But there must be aftermarket liners, as I've heard of 2H rebuilds where liners were used instead of using oversized rings and whatnot.

hth's

gb

a top notch machine shop can insert liners. i had a 2H done with liners when the walls were too scored to bore...

I thought the early 2H engines had liners, cylinder liners that is. Piston liners something else?

Check out part # 11461-68010 in EPC. Those are cylinder liners.

Vegard said:
I thought the early 2H engines had liners, cylinder liners that is. Piston liners something else?

Check out part # 11461-68010 in EPC. Those are cylinder liners.

I was having this conversation with an engine rebuilder a few weeks ago.
Yes the H motors (and maybe early 2H) had liners or sleeves as we call them but the newer 2H and 12HT are definately NON SLEEVED.
They have plenty of meat and can be rebored a 2-3 times providing there is no scoring.

The liners are cheap ,as low as $5 each but the labour to install them is more expensive than reboring.
The engine rebuilder I spoke to was not in favour of them unless ,as Crushers pointed out, a bore is too scored to machine

roscoFJ73 said:
Yes the H motors (and maybe early 2H) had liners or sleeves as we call them but the newer 2H and 12HT are definately NON SLEEVED.

Thanks for the reminder about the early 2H's. PN 11461-68010 is correct. According to EPC sleeving ended in 1984/11 for the 2H. I was looking at the post 85 applications. :doh:

hth's

gb

Last edited:
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing ..

when I buy all part to rebuild my 87 2H I buy from Toyota 6 sleeves for 6 cilinders in 900 USD .. :frown: but maybe aren't the same part as we are talking here ..

Tapage said:
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing ..

when I buy all part to rebuild my 87 2H I buy from Toyota 6 sleeves for 6 cilinders in 900 USD .. :frown: but maybe aren't the same part as we are talking here ..

Maybe the older 2H version with liners was continued in some parts of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom