12ht injector costs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crick60

Mr Crick
Threads
Has anyone (pref. Aussies) done 12ht injectors recently, new nozzles on exchange or something?
I'm trying to ballpark the cost, at the moment I'm between $550 and $850 or $1350 with full adjusts + dyno.

I don't really want to fork out for the full service dyno job because I reckon he's ripping me on the injectors and I don't care about the dyno either.

Mine were done just before I purchased the car (thank fxxx) but I'm pretty sure they were around the $1000 , what about a reconditioned one

I just bought a set of denso nozzles from England for my 2H for $180 or so dollars. I will rebuild the injectors myself, but at least it will not cost me an arm and a leg anymore. I don't know ho much different the 12HT injectors are, but they cannot be too different price wise. I will not do any tuning as it seems that the fuel screw on the pump still has the wire seal on it and the truck runs great. Only smokes black under heavy load. I am assuming that by simply rebuilding my injectors, I will get back or at least very close to factory spec.

The price in previous post included shipping. I think the original sale price was 99Gbp.

The price in previous post included shipping. I think the original sale price was 99Gbp.

That's a great price, let us know how you go with the rebuild.

I'll have to contact SMS diesel and see what their story is.

I had mine done before i built the engine, $1050 for injectors and valve clearance from MTQ adelaide. Although i wouldnt recommend using them as they screwed me with a pump rebuild, 1500 quoted $2700 paid. Not complaining about the work just the rubber fist they slipped me

Last edited:
I was wondering when you were going to chime in with that story niffa, so much for being up front with your customer.

The 12HT is direct injected versus the 2H which is indirect. The 12HT injectors are a totally different design and much stronger meaning they cost sh!t loads more.

I think the last time I checked it would have cost me $1000 just for the injectors.
That was a few years ago too.

Diesel Australia did mine, 6 fully rebuilt & test with test print out $480.00

IMG_0645.JPG

They rebuilt them, new nozzles washers etc, give them a call, the owner runs a pretty good shop. He has now done two 12HT IP pumps for me and each cost $360.00. Also after I installed the IP back on the engine and took it around to them he timed it for free.

He also told me the last time I was there he just dyno'd a 60 series with a 12Ht in it (not a rebuilt engine either), came in with 77hp at the rear wheels, left with 98hp, which not bad for a 28 year old engine?

It cost me nearly $2500 for the pump on my 1hz that was stolen but it did need a new housing I still have the old one you should see the inside of it just worn out from s*** diesel or bio diesel

i just changed mine, got them from united fuel injection (im from WA perth) they were $90 each on their exchange program.

Just thought I'd update this for the Sydney crowd.

The two best quotes I got from Sydney were Miranda Diesel Equipment Service @ $650 for all 6 not exchange and Gemini Diesel at Carlton @ $700 also not on exchange.
I called about 6 diesel shops all up and these two were also the most experienced and helpful that we're in the acceptable price range, turboglide were around $900 and John was very helpful and informative there but costs quickly escalated to about $2000 when I started talking about timing and valves (even though his website shows around $1300 for fuel, time, valves and rebuild injectors on the 12ht).

I'm thinking I'll get the timing and valves done first because I know that's an issue then do injectors myself afterward.
I'd play the timing and valves game myself but I'm struggling to recall the spool time and meniscus procedure from 3rd year and there's no real point doing the valves without timing.

I did, they were rebuilt and tested and shimmed accordingly. 10k on the truck since, and added a turbo too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom