SOLD 12HT H55 combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
On my last trip to Europe I finally parted out a crusty HJ61 that I had sitting there for a while already . This Cruiser came out of France where it was used around a horse ranch for most of it's life until it got parked many years ago in a stable and they kinda forgot about it. By the time I bought it the original owner passed away and the family could not find the paperwork so it became a good parts donor. It has only 220 k km on it or about 137 k miles , after sitting for many years I installed a set of batteries in it , primed the fuel ,checked oil and water and fired it up . It started right up but unfortunately the brakes failed and the clutch refused to work also so besides driving it for 10 minutes in a field I have not driven it. Sounds good and no abnormal smoke or noises , this one does need a good bath as some critters have build there nests around it in the stables.

hj  61.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me you are putting this in your 40. 🍺

Yes, I want to do a 12HT in the 40. I just cant find one.

I'm vascillating between a 12HT and a 3B w/ aftermarket turbo. I'm actually leaning toward the 3B because parts are more available. But I'm not excited about swapping the input shaft on the H55F.

I'm vascillating between a 12HT and a 3B w/ aftermarket turbo. I'm actually leaning toward the 3B because parts are more available. But I'm not excited about swapping the input shaft on the H55F.
I have a 3B with the correct H55 coming up for sale soon , it’s still in the BJ75 now so you can hear it run.

I have a 3B with the correct H55 coming up for sale soon , it’s still in the BJ75 now so you can hear it run.

Very interested! Link to the video of it running?

Very interested! Link to the video of it running?
How about just coming to the shop and see it in person ;)

I don’t have a video of it running , maybe next time I need to move the truck I will take one

12HT. 🍺 Direct injected, designed for turbo from factory, has an excellent reputation. That said, you are correct, parts will be harder to find. Nothing wrong with a 3B, but 100% plan for turbo as it's a bit slow. Research on the best way to turbo that 3B.

12HT's sound fantastic.

I'd be happy to come look at it in person. Where is your shop? I'm in Austin.

How many miles are on the truck?

I am North of Dallas , cruiser has around 250 k km on it I believe and had a major electric short in the cab that melted the fuse box, if it didn’t have this problem I would have never even considered parting it out. 3B’s might not be the fastest but when I was living in Central America I ran a BJ40 with 3B and turbo intercooler in the local offroad races there and won several of them in my own 4cil category but also a few in the 6 cilinder category so you can make it fast enough and I have an intercooler like the one I used on that one here in the shop and a bunch of turbos also ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom