12ht electrical questions AND Turbo Vac lines Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

1: I have recently noticed a plusing in the interior lights when I am driving my truck. The intrument lights and interior lights(if turned on) pluse. I also noticed that the volt gauge on the dash bounces a little as well. Does this suggest the alternator is going bad? I have noticed that the alternator does make a weird noise like loose bearings or something. Also If I do need to replace it, does anyone have any good recommendations on a replacement or upgrade? It needs to have a vacuum pupm on it right? All your help would be appreciated!

2: I am looking for a diagram of the turbo vacuum lines on a 12ht. I cant seem to find one anywhere. My turbo seems to be having some issues. I recently had the engine worked on and think some of the hoses were put back in the wrong places. My boost gauge says I am getting the 7.3ish pounds of boost but the green light on my tach never comes on like it used to. Also the pyro doesnt show any higher that 800 and I know that is wrong. When the turbo was working properly in the past it would heat up to 1100 on hard hills...Oh yea and there isnt that exhilarating rush with the turbo now either:( I have tested the fuel pressure and its getting gas but isnt releasing the boost or something as the turbo seems to be spooling up on the gauge. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

caleb

1. could be a bunch of things .. I would start in the alt, V regulator and grounds

2. check for the boost line to the fuel boost compensator

Thanks Tapage! Anyone have a diagram of the vacuum hoses?

c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom