12HT coolant stack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a picture of the back of my 12HT. There was a pin hole leak on the lower hose that sprayed all over
when I took the picture. I’ve fixed that, but I want to re route the coolant back to the proper routing using the
main piping over the top of the engine. What I need to know,
What is the thread of that rear coolant stack? Is it BST or British Standard Thread or is it just standard metric thread?
I‘ve deleted the rear heater so I don’t need this any more. I want to unscrew this and just insert a plug.
Has anyone got a part number or recommendation for this?

3E71CC9E-CCAE-4EDE-8E3F-D94AB69337FF.jpeg

It's NPT
I think 1/2" if memory serves right. There is a toyota plug or just go to a hardware store and buy a brass one.
If anyone can find that part and number let me know. Thank you. Very cool.

I’ll try a couple of local guys. Glad it’s just NPT. I was told it probably wasn’t by one person,
I can deal with this much quicker now. It will make getting to those hoses from the
heater core through the firewall a much easier thing to do now.

I don’t recall the tread pattern but when I install a mech temp gauge, I went to my local hardware store and buy some « very ordinary plumbing parts » from the shelf and it fit perfectly. So it will be simple to you ton find out what you need.
6356370E-F34C-47F7-86B1-FE4A257D16C7.jpeg
43DAF3C6-A0EE-4ADC-AB6B-7E84D7DAE19B.jpeg

Last edited:
Ive never seen BST on a Toyota vehicle yet. Its all metric

Ive never seen BST on a Toyota vehicle yet. Its all metric

The small oil pressure ports are BSPT. Like where the oil sender goes. There are two more of these on the 12ht block. One aft of the oil sender port in the oil cooler housing and one on the same side of the engine but on the front next to the oil pump case behind a block mounting bracket.

It screws very easily into this 1/2 adapter. Perfect fit. (simple exercises to show the type of thread)

43448D01-8A08-4874-A8FA-5575095282BA.jpeg

Thank you all. Tomorrow I’ll insert an NPT plug and then get into the mess that has followed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom